NF - What won't a dog eat?

This thread makes me lol.

Thankfully my dogs eat real food only(and in one case our cat)

Anyhow, bruce thats hilarious! But i meant hot food not spicy.

I once accidentally fed some hot supper to our boxer that past 7 years ago.

It vacated everything in his stomach, and i mean everything!

Ive never seen soooo much puke.

Years ago, a few days before Christmas, my then 7 year old daughter and the wife, built a gingerbread house. This thing was 2'X2'X2' high, had to weigh at least 20Lbs.

We went to my Dad's place for Xmas eve and left the gingerbread house on the dinning room table. We get home and there's not a crumb left of it to be found and I mean nothing; as if it never existed. Stalker our 30+ inch tall doberman, who always greeted us at the door, was also nowhere to be seen. Go down to the laundry room and there he was sound asleep, on a pile of dirty close; had to give him a nudge to wake him up. As he stood up, I called to my wife and said I think I found the house; the dog's belly had a soccer ball sized bulge on/in it. I was worried at first that he had gorged himself; but after he drank about a gallon of water he seemed fine.

Now the daughter who, like I said was 7, was standing at the front door, one hand on her hip and the other arm stretched out, with a finger pointing at the door. In a calm and what sounded like an adult voice says "This dog has to go". LOL

Stalker missed Xmas morning with us that year; he was to busy spray painting the back yard with gingerbread.

Dan.

Was talking to my sister about this thread as she has had alot of dogs. She told me her white Shepherd ate everything and also used to steal the bagels from the counter and hide them in the couch, under the cushions.

She said one time she put all the groceries on the floor to put away and got distracted. The dog ate a whole lb of butter and a whole raw chicken, bones and all. Lived through it all, but had a few "moments" outside :)

My dog eats anything the kids leave on the floor, counter, rooms... Many a Lego Men have take the trip through the secret passage to come out and appear in the back yard.

I have tried putting wasabi, hot sauce, pepper you name it on the small toys as bait... No affect in they go.

I have caught him with his head in the Lego box searching for the right piece to eat.

I have full pet insurance. At 3 years old I thought he would outgrow it but nope.

There is not a thing a young dog won't eat . Mine has a liking for socks , Kleenex and toilet paper rolls !!!

She gets a hold of a toilet paper roll and it is "hungry hippo time" Pulls a whole toilet paper roll apart in seconds

flat . Actually caught her just yesterday ripping apart a beer can , swallow that and its $$$

I just recalled the time we were enjoying a bag of Salt and Vinegar ships. My dog loves chips, but I certain he wouldn't want anything to do with salt and vinegar.

So, as I am enjoying the chips, he parks himself in front of me. I hold out a chip and his lips curl up and he starts shaking his head. I said to him, "come on, you know you want to eat it". He came back for another sniff. Lips and snout all curled up, he backs away again. I repeated my last statement, "come on, yo know you want it" to which he comes over, grabs the chip, lips and snout all curled up and down it goes.

He once tried to eat our butter dish, but it fell to the floor and the plate shattered. I was out for no more than 1/2 an hour and when I walked into the house, there was blood all along the walls, the floors, you name it! I thought someone had broken int my house and killed my dog!

Well, I found him in my son's room, lying on the bed. He had cut his tongue on the broken plate and tried to stop the bleeding by rubbing his face all over my walls and floor!

HH

Forgot to mention my dog used to like to eat cat litter. If we left the door to the laundry room open every now and then she'd come over to us and her breath would absolutely reek and there would be grey maxx scoop caked into her gumline. I didn't dare ask which were the tastiest bits.

I found this odd because if I threw a ball in the yard and it went within 10 feet of a pile of poo she would refuse to pick it up. Apparently cat poo is OK though.

My yellow lab is the strangest lab ever. While teething did cause him to eat some baseboards and table legs, he sometimes will barely touch his food. He eats on his terms and that's it. He wont touch the cats food, but I have to scare the cats off his food. He is almost 4 and still has stuffed animals that he got as a puppy. He never eats shoes, towels, underwear, socks, wont even chase a squirrel lol. He is the kindest gentlest soul. He did destroy the pool cover and uproot a few shrubs as a pup though lol

also, anything with a squeeker in it, its hit personal mission to find the squeeker and destroy it. the "tough" toys at petsmart, lasted 1/2 hour. ended buying the ones made out of firehose. has 3 squeekers in it that he can't get to, its been 6 months of trying MUAHAHAHAHA

50 plus years ago, my sister had a beautiful Chesapeake Bay retriever. "Henry" goofy animal, playful as heck and loved everybody including cats and squirrels. She had a new townhouse with a duplex next door.

We were invited to her place for Christmas dinner and while everyone is indulging in tasty libations and before dinner finger food, a knock comes at the front door. It was her neighbor. It seems she had put their fresh out of the oven turkey out the back door to rest while the table was being set for her families dinner and Henry had jumped the fence and ate the turkey.

Every time a Christmas Story comes on the stupid Bumphouses Dogs reminds me of this.

My brother in law had to jump in his car and go and buy 3 big buckets of KFC.

Glad your pup is alright.

Edited by Tom McCutcheon