New TV Packages out - NF

jedimaster

Well its day 1 of the new 25 dollar TV Packages. You get the basics for 25 dollars, but no sportsnet or TSN. Sportsnet is 18 dollars a month and TSN is 18 dollars a month. the Wild/WFN packae is 10 per month.

For me all I really car about if WFN, WILD and AMC. so for me it would be 45 dollars per month.

Question

With what one has now as a group package

Is it going to cost more to go with a basic package and add on to what we currently have or do u find it will be cheaper

Seeing as who I work for they designed it with the packages in mind for best value. The CRTC is the one's who made the $25 for 40 channel pack. Then you don't get the bundle saving or the PVR discount either. So add $7 and $15 to that $25 "basic". There is a Sports pack where you get the TSN's and S-Net's for another amount bringing you right back to a middle or the road package price.

For anyone looking to change from a package you have now vs one avail today, you cannot go back if not happy! Do the math on the website for what your new cost would be. jedimaster's line up is $25 basic, $25 for the sports add-on, $10 for WFN and Wild, and TV box rentals. One PVR puts that to a $75 a month plan. Just saying, the CRTC doesn't always look out for us the consumer and me the sales guy...

For anyone looking to change from a package you have now vs one avail today, you cannot go back if not happy! Do the math on the website for what your new cost would be. jedimaster's line up is $25 basic, $25 for the sports add-on, $10 for WFN and Wild, and TV box rentals. One PVR puts that to a $75 a month plan. Just saying, the CRTC doesn't always look out for us the consumer and me the sales guy...

considering i pay 2.75 a month for WFN with my rogers package....$10 is a scam.

and bells reported basic package is horrendous! i mean cpac/cspan, local tv station, 10 french channels, tvo, cbc, global, V!, and some other obscure channels no one ever watches. No ABC, NBC, CBS or Fox. Compared to what Rogers, and Shaw are offering, its a world of difference.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/bell%E2%80%99s-tv-starter-package-is-now-only-dollar25-%E2%80%94-but-will-anyone-want-it/ar-BBq83kb?li=AAggNb9

What is happening is bell and Rogers are losing a lot of revenue due to live streaming technology. Cable is a thing of the past and with the older generation starting to fade away they will notice huge impacts to their bottom line. They are working with the crtc to mitigate their financial loses by getting more users into the cable game. I have Netflix, and an antenna. I get global ctv cbc city cbs Buffalo channel 4 bounce and tvo. I don't need anything else. I pay $8 a month for everything.

What is happening is bell and Rogers are losing a lot of revenue due to live streaming technology. Cable is a thing of the past and with the older generation starting to fade away they will notice huge impacts to their bottom line. They are working with the crtc to mitigate their financial loses by getting more users into the cable game. I have Netflix, and an antenna. I get global ctv cbc city cbs Buffalo channel 4 bounce and tvo. I don't need anything else. I pay $8 a month for everything.

you need a high speed internet connection with lots of data :P

considering i pay 2.75 a month for WFN with my rogers package....$10 is a scam.

and bells reported basic package is horrendous! i mean cpac/cspan, local tv station, 10 french channels, tvo, cbc, global, V!, and some other obscure channels no one ever watches. No ABC, NBC, CBS or Fox. Compared to what Rogers, and Shaw are offering, its a world of difference.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/bell%E2%80%99s-tv-starter-package-is-now-only-dollar25-%E2%80%94-but-will-anyone-want-it/ar-BBq83kb?li=AAggNb9

The $10 is for the outdoor pkg. the $25 pkg should be the same for Bell/Rogers/Shaw set by the CRTC not if said company changes to offer more that is up to them.

Edited by GBW

100%!

-I cancelled cable 2 years ago. I have Netflix. I will never go back.
-I got satellite radio for the truck. Can't stand regular radio anymore, more commercials than music!
-I have no social media. Unless you count OFC.
-I use a script blocker when surfing the web.

I said something innocuous to a friend the other day, and she laughed and said I reminded her of some commercial. She's like "you know, the one with the...." I said "nope, haven't seen or heard a commercial in a long time".

It made me realize that lots of my "wants and needs" weren't real. They were things I was convinced I wanted or needed because I was bombarded with advertising to the point of it being psychological warfare!

Bottom line is if you're on the fence about cancelling cable, do it. Before long you won't even miss it.

Edited by Dutch01

Haven't had cable for many years now myself. Probably close to 6 years since I paid anything accept for Internet. Just was hoping that the extra channels would be available individually. Unfortunately they aren't.

Not the way the CTRC set up the rules and price grid. They set the rule for the big players, not the players. They just collect the funds and give it back to the others...

So outright, the CRTC said cheaper TV for all for basic TV a little while ago... They screwed us all for the TV we WANT VS what we get... Sorry but it's true... The providers are just that, a "provider" to your town of said service... It's not my employer or the others running the rates, it's the CRTC.

What they should have done was allow competition. Shaw, Rogers and others to all provide cable tv in the same areas instead of the segregated monopoly that they have now. If they did that and one of the offered individual channel subscription I would sign up. 5 bucks a channel pick and choose the ones you want. I would pay 25 dollars a month for my 5 channels. I don't really wanna pay 25 dollars for 88 channels I don't want. Haha

Apparently by DEC 1 2016 the pay per channel will be rolled out, this first offering is a less valuable offering to what will be available in December. They are trying to get people to sign up for the more expensive options before the cheaper ones roll out

I have bell 25/10 with 125GB. I have a fast signal strength with no problems. How much TV does one need to watch? My internet service is $65.

depends on the family i guess and how many devices are being used on the wifi, and how much data is being consumed.

What they should have done was allow competition. Shaw, Rogers and others to all provide cable tv in the same areas instead of the segregated monopoly that they have now. If they did that and one of the offered individual channel subscription I would sign up. 5 bucks a channel pick and choose the ones you want. I would pay 25 dollars a month for my 5 channels. I don't really wanna pay 25 dollars for 88 channels I don't want. Haha

i know with my tv package, i can pick individual channels. but its a more expensive HD package

Apparently by DEC 1 2016 the pay per channel will be rolled out, this first offering is a less valuable offering to what will be available in December. They are trying to get people to sign up for the more expensive options before the cheaper ones roll out

I must be released by then was the initial posting from the CRTC. It was able to be released earlier as they came up with a price grid. So what you see is what you get. There is no future plans for a lower cost. Still better off in a bundle and a pre done TV pack if you ask me.

I have bell 25/10 with 125GB. I have a fast signal strength with no problems. How much TV does one need to watch? My internet service is $65.

wish I had that speed here... as for the usage that can vary per person in the home. Netflix can use 2 to 4 GB of data per hour based on settings

you need a high speed internet connection with lots of data :P

With Vianet I have a whopping 1.5mb download speed with unlimited data and Netflix runs just fine. $54/mth.

As soon as I stopped caring about Hockey, cable/satelite became useless to me.

-I cancelled cable 2 years ago. I have Netflix. I will never go back.

-I got satellite radio for the truck. Can't stand regular radio anymore, more commercials than music!

-I have no social media. Unless you count OFC.

-I use a script blocker when surfing the web.

I said something innocuous to a friend the other day, and she laughed and said I reminded her of some commercial. She's like "you know, the one with the...." I said "nope, haven't seen or heard a commercial in a long time".

It made me realize that lots of my "wants and needs" weren't real. They were things I was convinced I wanted or needed because I was bombarded with advertising to the point of it being psychological warfare!

Hilarious, i couldn't be more in the same canoe (except the script blocker).

With Vianet I have a whopping 1.5mb download speed with unlimited data and Netflix runs just fine. $54/mth.

As soon as I stopped caring about Hockey, cable/satelite became useless to me.

Hilarious, i couldn't be more in the same canoe (except the script blocker).

The script blocker eliminates a lot of ads, but not all. It prevents all scripts from running until you extend permissions manually. Pain in the beginning because none of your sites work until you extend permissions, but it definitely provides an element of security to your browsing:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/noscript/