new to the community......

malonzi

I just stumbled onto this site, I can't believe I never came across it before. I had heard of the great fishing in the Toronto harbour area, great location for me as I'm from Richmond Hill, and it was confirmed by the many reports here. I'm thinking about heading down for a few hours on Saturday morning, and was debating between the Islands or Tommy Thompson park..........more reports here from the Islands, but TT means no waiting for the ferry and more time with my line wet. Just looking for opinions for either.......

Thanks in advance for the great community and resource

Hey there malonzi! You've stumbled the best fishing messagebaord on the net! I've lived in the Toronto area my whole life and never once fished the Toronto Islands. Met up with a fellow board member and had a blast out there....even caught a pike.

I've never been to Tommy Thompson, but hopefully someone will chime in here and help you out.

Good fishing!

Cliff

Welcome aboard, having fished both I'll say this:

Islands: easier to shore fish, more shoreline to work, more amenities (you can buy food, drinks, theres washrooms, etc), have to pay to take ferry and pay to park if you drive, more scenic. The ferry isn't a big deal, runs pretty frequently but avoid bringing one piece rods - got some nasty looks from the ferry operator :)

TT Park: cheaper (free parking, no ferry fees). Long walk to fish if you don't have a bike (there's a van that shuttles people but only a certain schedule, I end up walking most times). Harder shoreline to work - less room to work with (lots of jumbled rock/re-bar/concrete/cliffs) so you can't just fish anywhere as the shoreline can be kinda tricky. Closed on weekdays

Fishing wise I haven't been out enough to have a preference yet, I've been skunked at both and caught fish at both but don't go expecting fish every 5th cast from shore, if you do that well then we gotta meet up :). Try both and see which you like I guess is my best advice (just remember that we post when we do well more than we post when we get skunked so skew what you read here some times :rolleyes: ).

FONZI - is that you?!

welcome buddy. best fishing forum on the net!!

you, me and joe have to get out for bass in a couple of weeks. i'm gonna be seeing him tonight, so i'll remind him to remind me to set somethin' up :Gonefishing: