New car thoughts? nf

Kawartha Kev

Subaru Crosstrek any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks Kawartha Kev

without reading the replies I say Subaru for many reasons. Resale value, cost to svc is reasonable and the SAFETY is second to none! I rolled an Impreza as high speeds on black ice and walked away from it! I would attach the pic's of the "old car" but they are too big of a file

I highly recommend the Volvo xc70. One of the most versatile vehicles. can carry 5 adults, lots of cargo space and can pull 3500 lbs and has AWD and Volvo Safety. Not to mention one of the most comfortable rides in its class and never rust!. Its great for dog lovers as well since the rear cargo space is ideal size for them.

Edited by huzzsaba

I'd never buy new, let some other schmuck take that huge depreciation hit. Used with factory warranty would be the ticket.

Did that with my current vehicle.

Just under 3 years old when I bought it and only had 24K kms on it.

Bought the extended warranty just in case.

Saved at least $15K.

I was hoping maybe to get a better price for a full cash purchase maybe dealers would give a discount for that I don't know I am a fairly new driver only had my full license for about a year so I know insurance is going to be bad also. Anyway keep the info coming I will take it all into consideration.

Thanks Kawartha Kev

You may qualify for a rebate from the manufacturer if you pay cash. If they are offering financing deals such as 1.49% over 7 years (Toyota was offering this recently) then you may be eligible for a manufacturer's rebate in lieu taking the deal on the financing. If you have the cash then you are probably better off taking the rebate. If you have your own financing set up you can still get the cash rebate.

I doubt that the dealer would offer you a discount for paying cash. They don't get any benefit from a cash save versus a financed deal. In fact, they probably get a commission on any car loans they can sell.

If you are a new driver then I would recommend that you definitely talk to your insurance provider and make sure you know what your premiums will be.