Free Tax Programs "NF" ??

Fish Farmer

Not sure how you would get MORE back using a pay program? Your taxes are your taxes regardless of how you calculate them. The feds now already HAVE every slip you do so it is only your deductions that would change anything and for a program to be certified for use they have to all meet the same standard.

(Of course even if you call in you will get a different answer from what is allowable and what isn't depending on who you talk to... or CFTO used to anyhow with a segment they did on guberment incompetence each year LOL.)

Ufile is worth it to me because of not having to re-enter all the info LOL. My time is worth something and I know how to use it. I always get a few bucks off from the coupon they email me in December as well.

Edited by Canuck2fan

Not sure how you would get MORE back using a pay program? Your taxes are your taxes regardless of how you calculate them. The feds now already HAVE every slip you do so it is only your deductions that would change anything and for a program to be certified for use they have to all meet the same standard.

(Of course even if you call in you will get a different answer from what is allowable and what isn't depending on who you talk to... or CFTO used to anyhow with a segment they did on guberment incompetence each year LOL.)

Ufile is worth it to me because of not having to re-enter all the info LOL. My time is worth something and I know how to use it. I always get a few bucks off from the coupon they email me in December as well.

I was thinking that when you hit the tab, "Let Max Back Decide", they may have some better way to get more money back, maybe it's a mind thing :D .

As mentioned above, heard Studio Tax was good.

I have been paying $29.00 for UFILE, wonder if these free ones allow Split Income.

Gave up doing my own taxes years ago when I guy that could barely speak English told me that "in his opinion I didn't need a computer to run my business" and disallowed my claim for the computer and supplies and cost me over $1800.00 + fines.

Ever since then I have used an accountant, they always find things that I either wouldn't have known about or wouldn't have figured out, besides the cost is also a tax deduction :clapping: .

I have never had a problem since, I usually get money back, they automatically file for any subsidies that I/we might qualify for, and I almost always have my refund back in my bank account within 10 days.

Works for me!

Edited by Big Cliff

I was thinking that when you hit the tab, "Let Max Back Decide", they may have some better way to get more money back, maybe it's a mind thing :D .

As mentioned above, heard Studio Tax was good.

I have been paying $29.00 for UFILE, wonder if these free ones allow Split Income.

Yes, I was able to split my income with Studio tax last year. I have been using it for several years now.