2015 memories

spincast

So, another year is almost in the books. This year was, overall, rather un-noteworthy for me personally, but still provided some great memories. What were the best for you in 2015? Doesn't have to a PB - just the moments that counted?

To open our season, I put a friend onto a PB, great moment for both of us

RIMG0285_zpszw4tmsp1.jpg

Early June off Jordan - a tough year on O all around, Fishing solo, and the chatter on the radio was slow to non existent success for some of the usual suspects... I found a spot and nailed 4 this size in three hours and a bunch of shakers,,... this was the only one who wouldn't swim away. Felt great to beat the odds

RIMG0677_zpsrqcckwxl.jpg

This young man had a day he will never forget, This was one of three PBs in one day.

RIMG0785_zps8o4g5lsi.jpg

A long day of searching with mostly silvers taking my presentations was finally rewarded with this - followed by 4 more golden beauties Persistence and working through the tough bite is always a satisfying day

RIMG0814_zpsrmjlqnt6.jpg

and this one is special - teaching the lad how to toss spinners - my favourite small water presentation that we rarely get to do, and he hits a very respectable PB..

RIMG0741_zpsadz5mkkp.jpg

My best memories of the year are totally nf. They are the births of the grandaughters Savannah and Erika. No great fishing memory can surpass that. And I am only too happy to sacrifice a lot of fishing time for their sakes.

That said, there have been some great fishing moments, despite not having a lot of fishing time. In June my son and I travelled down to Windsor and the Detroit R. In the midst of a torrential wind and rain storm fishing for silver bass. Crazy weather with an insane bite. Tween the two of us we were landing over 100 fish per hour.

Was nice to land a PB walter this fall

maiden launch of my new ride was pretty special as it was a nice upgrade from the 14 ft tinny

boat_zpsasb7hilb.jpg

my dads first fish in my new boat was cool as he dosen't get out much anymore

dadfish_zpsipzzoehz.jpg

a october trip to the lower french with my dad and younger brothers was the first time we have all been backcountry camping together and we had a blastfrench5_zpsqxvotdke.jpg

french2_zpsletdxqox.jpg

Edited by Freshtrax

2015 has been a outstanding year all round, hope 2016 is half as good.

Notables are; entered my first of many salmon derbies great times. Got to be a "observer" in a premiere derby. Landed a PB Lake trout on Lake O, shoulders still haven't recovered. Broke long running skunks, Steelies on the Niagara & Salmon on Bighead. Got out fishing just about every weekend. Started a new obsession with Backwoods fishing. Finally, met some incredible people through this form.

For me it was my oldest daughter making Team Ontario for 16 under volleyball. ( top 24 in Ontario)

Lots of hard work paid off. It goes to show if you put you mind to it you can be surprised at what is achievable

Edited by msp