Sopranos final episode NF

Mattitude

Ok here it goes. I'd like to know what you all think happened at the end, other than thinking something happened to your TV LOL! I saw the best explaination and I will reveal it unless someone else hits it first. At first I was thinking I didn't like the ending but after I saw this explanation, it all makes sense.

yeah, I think, the point was the fun continues, but the show ends.........

they spent so much time on her parking the car and the guy that goes to the washrooms and the 2 guys at the bar

the families around them...they wanted you to think that a hit was going to happen, but lets you decide what happens next........I don't like the way it ends

I always thought that if they did a movie it should take place when Tony's Dad and Uncle Junior were Younger. Kinda like the flashbacks Tony had about his sister going to the fair. I'd love to see Jonny Soprano put bullet through Livia's beehive hairstyle.

I've been watching Soprano's religously since day one, and man was I ticked off at the end of last nights episode.

we have been following this producers story for about 10 years and now he decides to let us finish the story??? what the heck!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes of the series Finale wasted on somebody not being able to park a car.

I've been watching Soprano's religously since day one, and man was I ticked off at the end of last nights episode.

we have been following this producers story for about 10 years and now he decides to let us finish the story??? what the heck!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes of the series Finale wasted on somebody not being able to park a car.

wallyboss don't hold anything back..tell us how you really feel....lol

no I have got to say I felt about the same as you did...

now I wonder how they are going to screw up my stargate finial show

I'm really not sure...somehow I hate the way it ended...AND I'm also feeling like demanding another episode It would have been an excellent season finale and waiting for a few months to see what happens, but for this to be a season finale...forever...ouch.

I thought my TV crapped out, or I feel asleep, so I rewinded it and watched again...*(&&^$^^$&

The reason it ended that way is because they are making a movie. They had to leave you hanging so the movie does

well and everyone will go watch it hoping it has the answers. The Producer of the Movie actually directed the episode we watched last night. The Movie will be an HBO special. I was also very disappointed with the episode.

I thought the ending sucked and since I don't generally go to the movies, I wanted answers NOW!!! :rolleyes::lol:

They left it open for a movie but really, it was supposed to be a finale. They left it like the ending of a season so the next season could resume with what happend. It Sucked Big Time!!! Although the car running over the head was pretty cool :o

Joey

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Tony DID die. You witnessed his death through his point of view.

Remember the end of last week's episode when Tony thinks back to him and Bobby having a conversation on the boat at Bobbys cottage? They were talking about "when it happens (getting whacked), you probably dont even see it happen, everything just goes black"

Tony got whacked. Everything went black. It's all over!

I thought about it and I think this is really what was meant by the screen going black. The guy sitting at the counter was looking pretty nervous too.

Edited by Mattitude

that is truly a great answer as to what it meant

but

none of the last show was done in the first person(from Tony's eyes) so why would anyone take the leap to assume that

you may be right, but the director sure blew it if that is what he was shooting for..pun intended

he should have had us looking through tony's eyes in a few scenes so one could follow the final scene

makes it even a worst ending

after thinking about it..we saw it through the shows eyes not tony's and so the show went black..and the show did get whacked

Edited by Terry

I thought the finale was brilliant.

The series was always about gangsters being just like us. Same problems, same anxieties, etc. The series ended like ie began - just another day in the life.

And that last scene also helped to illustrate just how paranoid Tony's life must be. Everyone is a threat. Everyone, always.

And parking the car - well thats the kind of stuff we all deal with. It's real life. Not a gangster movie.

Pure genius.

so tony did not get wacked........

the producer wanted Journey's "Don't Stop Believin' to be the last song on the show

but the song writer loved the show and did not want his song to be remembered as the song playing when tony got wacked

the producer put it in writing that tony and his family does not get wacked and the song got on the show

that's the story and I'm sticking to it

Mattitude is absolutely correct and it was a brilliant ending. Here is why.

1. The entire last series in the show of the music and Meadow parking the car was meant to build anxiety. I know i was at the edge of my chair thinking this is going to be bad knowing there were only 2 min left in the show. I think everyone was at the edge of their seat when that scene was taking place.

2. Many people in the final scene at the restaurant wanted Tony dead. You needed to read the credits and pay attention to the history of the show, you will find that all the answers lie in the characters in the restaurant. The guy at the bar who walks to the bathroom is in the credits as Nikki Leotardo. The same actor played him in the first part of season 6 during a brief sit down concerning the future of Vito. Apparently, he is the nephew of Phil. The trucker was the brother of the guy who was robbed and killed by Christopher in Season 2. (the DVD players) The trucker had to identify the body. The two guys at the end were the ones who tried to kill Tony and only clipped him in the ear (season 2 or 3).

When door opens and Tony looks up everyone assumes it is Meadow but we do not actually see her. Could be another person who wanted him dead and fired a shot.

Finlay the tie in to what Mattitude is saying about Bobby. The boy scouts in the scene were in the train store when Bobby got shot. That is your final hint to "you don't see it happening"

3. When Tony is shot, everything goes black because there is no longer a show without Tony. For the first time no music is played when the credits roll and the very last word of the song we hear is "STOP".

Brilliant ending to anyone who truly followed the show and was into the characters.

4. All this and it still gives them the option to do a movie or a encore season with Tony being shot and not dying or some other explanation for the final scene.

New appreciation for Journey too! Anyone ever listen to Little Steven's underground garage on Q107? He played Silvio. I think he may have a hand in the music that was played on all the episodes. You can kinda tell if you're familiar with his show.

I couldnt agree with both of your interpretations any more. I knew the guy in the dinner was from a sit down some time ago, nice research! he defenietly got capped, awesome ending, made you think, greatest series EVER!!