Fishing june 10th 2007

nautifish

Well what a fantastic day it was today out on the water fished close to 14 hrs today....lol...Got the sunburn to prove it....lol...

Well was up at 7.00am this morning was to meet up with sleded and jay at a ramp just down the street from me at 8.00am. Sleded called me just before eight and said he would be a little late as jay had a flat on the trailor. We met up a little after 8.30am allready had our boat in the water and waited for jay and sleded to launch there boat. Then we were on our merry way. Headed out onto the lake and what a beautiful morning it was too. We 1st headed out to a certain spot to try for some perch alot of boats were allready out there.

Once there dropped in our lines and the bite was pretty slow, Alot of dinks being caught so about an hr later we decided to head over to another spot that mr sinns likes to call death valley.....LOL...He says thats what his grandad allways used to call it said if u ever died there no one would probably notice you were missing untill about three months had passed lol......Anyway once there again the perch were spotty. Sleded pulled in this nice sized perch.

sleded.jpg

Mr sinns pulled in this smally

sinnssm.jpg

Anyway a few hrs had passed & we decided to head back closer to dover so said tara to jay & sleded. We then decided to go fish a spot we really like. We found a spot i tossed in my line layed down my rod as i helped mr sins tie us too some reeds with a rope so we would not drift from the river bank, In doing so as i turned around i saw my whole fishing rod and reel fly out of the boat and into the water and i mean fly. I saw my rod for a second in the water then it just dissapeared i was gutted. Friday i lost my favorite fishing sunglasses in the storm and now my favorite rod and reel in the d**n river gone. I grabbed a paddle to see if i could feel for it and see how deep we were also......All i kept thinking was no not my favorite rod & reel........Mr sinns bless him got out the boat and into the water and tryed to feel with his feet for my rod but was having no luck, When suddenly i saw the top of my rod floating to the top of the water a few feet away from the front of the boat then down it went again. I pointed to mr sinns where i had seen it and he saw the tip of my rod surface again so he headed that way reached down into the water and thank gawd he felt the reel on my rod that was caught up in some thick weed and good job too because the size of the fish that was on the end of my line had it not been for the really thick weed i reckon my rod would have been gone for good........So this is the beauty that was on the end of my line a PB as far as cat fish. Have caught them in the 6-8lb range but never like this before so i was just thrilled.

mypb2.jpg

mypb.jpg

What a beauty cat and i could have kicked myself because i had neither my measureing tape or community logo......Sorry joey! :wallbash: . This was a brute of a fish for sure & no wonder it took my whole rod & reel......lol... SO AFTER FINALLY LANDING HIM TAKING SOME PICS WAS RELEASED TO CATCH ANOTHER DAY. I then caught this little bugga lol

cf.jpg

We fished till around 4.00pm so had been out on the water all day. We decided to head home grab something to eat which happened to be yummy perch again.....lol.....After supper we decided to head down the peir and fish for a few more hrs. The bite was on and ended up with around 25 nice keepers so that was great. Again all caught on the west side and in real shallow............You know you got to absolutley love port dover......These last pictures are of the sunset i took tonight while fishing on the pier. Fishing and beautiful sunsets i just love it.

ss3.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss1.jpg

So in all an absolutley fantastic day out on the water i scored a PB, The weather was absolutely beautiful great company what more could you ask for.

This is just a short video clip of some of today.

th_fishingjune10th2007.jpg

Thanx to all three of ya for a great morning afternoon & evening. I had a fabulous day one i won't forget thats for sure.

Nauti. :D

Edited by nautifish

Looks like a great day, and dang those cats are ugly :) congrats on the new PB.

Maureen

Maureen ladywalley thanx so much ladies. ;) .....& i agree when they get that big they sure are ugly....lol...but they do put up a great fight....... ;)

What an awesome report!! :thumbsup_anim: Thanks for sharing. Too bad about not having a measuring tape and the ofncommunity.com sign with you. I'm sure that cat would have measures a good 35 to 40 inches.....maybe more. :dunno:

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

FOTB I THINK UR RIGHT......I was niffed i had forgotten my tape and logo lemme tell ya.That for sure would have been a nice entry for team 2.......& i feel bad...... :whistling:

Good to see some half decent cats are still around in there. I'm just wondering where the big girls were this year. Nice report.

My gawd i completley missed this one...Never even saw it.............I WOULD SAY that for sure was one of the big grls sure wasen't small. :P

lEMME KNOW WHEN UR IN DOVER NEXT.Maybe we can get out for a fish before your days are really numbered on and by the water...... :D

Wow Tracy, that looks like an awesome way to spend a day... and exciting too... Rod and Reel over the edge of the boat ... a very distressing moment , only to turn around into a rescue mission and fish to boot...

Love the sunsets... congrats on your PB... Great Report!

Cheers

Jen

Wow Tracy, that looks like an awesome way to spend a day... and exciting too... Rod and Reel over the edge of the boat ... a very distressing moment , only to turn around into a rescue mission and fish to boot...

Love the sunsets... congrats on your PB... Great Report!

Cheers

Jen

Thanx Jen, & yeah after loseing my fav pair of fishing glasses on friday i was like bloody nora what next?....lol......

Man i love living in dover and right next to erie. :D

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice! You got the rod and reel back and landed the fish! Channel Cats are excellant fighters and have alot of brute strength.