Carbon Tax coming

Headhunter

You're accusing the Liberals of being the ones fear mongering? Where have you been for the last ten years under Harper? That guy fear mongers with the best of them.....

Both parties have resorted to fear mongering. Remember the hidden agenda, two tiered health care, military on our city streets? Claiming that our lakes and rivers don't have any environmental protection at all since Harper changed the navigatable waters act.

Edited by JohnBacon

Both parties have resorted to fear mongering. Remember the hidden agenda, two tiered health care, military on our city streets? Claiming that our lakes and rivers don't have any environmental protection at all since Harper changed the navigatable waters act.

You're right, but I think one party has done it more and "better" in past elections, and it finally caught up to them this election.

It was a specific Liberal strategy not to go negative:

"The seeds of the Liberal victory were sown in July, when the party ran third in polls behind the left-leaning New Democratic Party and the Conservatives.

Before the campaign began on Aug. 2, Liberal strategists said Trudeau was being advised to go negative to counter the bruising Conservative ads that he was just not ready.

But his inner circle, including campaign co-chairs Katie Telford and Dan Gagnier, principal adviser Gerald Butts, and chief of staff Cyrus Reporter, backed Trudeaus position that they should focus on the positive, as they see it.

"We were not surprised by the negative ads. It wasnt a new thing. But Justin Trudeaus optimistic high-road approach struck a chord, said Chrystia Freeland, a Liberal member of parliament.

The strategy was to portray a sunny personality through ads, speeches and personal contact with ordinary people."

Source: http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0SE08H20151020

Is possible they had a better read on the electorate than Harpers campaign team. It's also possible it was a "Hail Mary" from back in third place and they got lucky. It appears to me though that Trudeau was able to frame the choice as one between positive and negative, and the electorate chose positive.

Edited by Dutch01

You're right, but I think one party has done it more and "better" in past elections, and it finally caught up to them this election.

It was a specific Liberal strategy not to go negative:

"The seeds of the Liberal victory were sown in July, when the party ran third in polls behind the left-leaning New Democratic Party and the Conservatives.

Before the campaign began on Aug. 2, Liberal strategists said Trudeau was being advised to go negative to counter the bruising Conservative ads that he was just not ready.

But his inner circle, including campaign co-chairs Katie Telford and Dan Gagnier, principal adviser Gerald Butts, and chief of staff Cyrus Reporter, backed Trudeaus position that they should focus on the positive, as they see it.

"We were not surprised by the negative ads. It wasnt a new thing. But Justin Trudeaus optimistic high-road approach struck a chord, said Chrystia Freeland, a Liberal member of parliament.

The strategy was to portray a sunny personality through ads, speeches and personal contact with ordinary people."

Source: http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0SE08H20151020

Is possible they had a better read on the electorate than Harpers campaign team. It's also possible it was a "Hail Mary" from back in third place and they got lucky. It appears to me though that Trudeau was able to frame the choice as one between positive and negative, and the electorate chose positive.

I'm sure the positive resonated more than the negative, but I think a lot of it just came down to people hating Harper.

Edited by cram