Sunday fatty Kawartha muskie

Fisherpete

Hey Kerry nice to briefly meet you, I was the other guy with Pete. It id always fun meeting other board members, even if you don't they are it at the time.

Nice to meet ya too! May see you there again.Not ready to give up just not a lot of available time this time of year.Would have loved to set hooks in the one those guys had on in the morning.

Kerry

Thanks everyone. Brian - it was a pleasure as always fishing with you. Overall it was a slow day out there, had one rip trolling that came unpinned before even pulling the rod out of the holder, and caught this fish casting a big plastic. No other action or follows.

It was indeed a bit rough out there, the wind switched directions a few times during the day too. The lake looked 'different' this weekend, almost murky and right around 50F in most areas of the lake. Not sure if the wind stirred it up or if turnover is happening?

Kerry - was nice to meet you also and yeah, will have to give that area a try where the shore fishing guys had that big one on! Still lots of time to get out there this season...

Tupelo - PM sent.

Art - I thought you only fished for species with whiskers not fangs ;)

Chris - the trolling rip came around 8:30am and this fish was caught around 3pm.

Steve - thanks - pretty happy with the boat and how I rigged it up. Works well for two guys fishing skis.

Cheers

Pete

Edited by Fisherpete

Nice fish...how did it taste

Delicious, even better than all the 20-30 inchers I eat all summer. The colder water really brings out the taste of mercury in the belly fat, which I prefer to cut into thin strips and eat raw while filleting the fish. I did this beauty up is a red wine and motor oil sauce, garnished with zebra mussel paste and cabbage weed salad. My five year old ate at least five pounds of it. Send me a PM if you would like my full recipe list of muskie dishes.

Delicious, even better than all the 20-30 inchers I eat all summer. The colder water really brings out the taste of mercury in the belly fat, which I prefer to cut into thin strips and eat raw while filleting the fish. I did this beauty up is a red wine and motor oil sauce, garnished with zebra mussel paste and cabbage weed salad. My five year old ate at least five pounds of it. Send me a PM if you would like my full recipe list of muskie dishes.

I thought they had to be over 45" to keep...you're gonna get a lot of guys here upset talking like that.

Do you fillet them like Toronto Pike where you gotta wipe em down with varsol first

I would actually like to fish for them someday but I will have to retire first to have the time

PS You thought about that post a long time didn't you...love it

i sure hope you saved the cheeks, thats the best part!