OPP runs over dog on purpose NF

huddy

according to the report, a fence blew down and allowed the dog out unto the street. It didn't sound like it was on the loose often

Of course we don't really know the facts-----just what was in the media reports. The relationship between those 2 things can be quite tenuous!!!

Reporters don't tell facts, they tell stories. Some hack at the local rag probably caught on to this and thought he stumbled upon a goldmine flooded with oil.

Police officer behaving badly? check

Old defenceless dog? check

Grainy video with women crying and screaming? check

Possibility of headline resulting in instant public outrage and page clicks? you betcha

The more I think about this, the more I have to believe that there was no way to go about this. Animal reported as coyote, acting funny, therefore possibly rabid. Would you get out of your car? Even if you did, would you open fire in a residential neighbourhood? I'm sure this guy feels bad for what he did, even if it turns out it was a coyote. It's not like he was the officer in the other facebook video I recently saw where he knocked on the door, shot the dog three times and then calmly walked away while the dog bled out on the walkway.