Time to throw out all of my gear

AKRISONER

I love the comments you get on Gawker articles:

1) Fishing is cruel! This girl is a monster! How would she like not being able to breathe!!!!11111one
2) OMG someone needs to murder this man for filming in portrait mode
3) She didn’t really reel it in on her own the dad helped #sorrynotsorry #nooffensebutt
4) Stop expoiting your personal moments for internet fame #attentionwhore #fishsploitation #girlsploitation

5) Stop reinforcing restrictive gender roles by giving your daughter a pink Barbie fishing pole, what are you Amish?

6) Stop making fun of the Amish, they don’t even fish probably, I don’t know.

lol the gawker comments are fanastic, one serious comment is that although a fish died, the father and daughter bonded at the expense of the fish ahahhaa

Fishing with my nephews is the best, proud to say that I will ensure that I will be the uncle that every single one of my nephews and nieces first fish will be caught with.

Edited by AKRISONER

I didnt look at the comments but I laughed all through the video???

Thats whats its all about right there!!!

One proud dad and one super excited kiddo!

My sons PB bass(its bigger than mine too) came on a lil 5 foot spincast with this horrible mono line

Edited by manitoubass2

I didnt look at the comments but I laughed all through the video

Thats whats its all about right there!!!

One proud dad and one super excited kiddo!

My sons PB bass(its bigger than mine too) came on a lil 5 foot spincast with this horrible mono line

isnt that the way it always is? Our official measured house record fish (dont get me started about the one i caught and my brother dropped back in the lake by accident) was caught on medium crucial with 8lb mono off of the dock lol.

Edited by AKRISONER

20 odd years ago my wife had never caught anything bigger than a sunfish.

Early one morning while I was out in the boat she took one of my fish'n poles down to the dock hoping to catch a pickerel and surprise me for breakfast. On the 2nd cast she hooked into a 43" musky and landed it all by herself. Unfortunately she couldn't get the hook out and the fish died. We had a friend who was a taxidermist and mounted it for her and it's still hanging in the garage.

She still tells the story to anybody who'll listen :lol:

About 10 years ago when my daughter just started morning kindergarten, she asked me if we could go fishing one afternoon. We went to The Rouge River by Kingston Road because there was bridge construction and traffic was backed up and it was closer to home. We took her crappie rod and I rigged it with a pinkie and set off to fish under the bridge. There were a couple of guys float fishing roe bags there so we walked to the next bend. There were a ton of suckers there that I could see. On her second cast her float dropped and she hooked into a big bow. It took her about 10 minutes to pull this one to the small sandy beach. It was about 12 pounds. Thank goodness the bow didn't make any long runs because all she had was 4lb test and about 60yds of line.

The two float fishermen came down to look and immediately began to fish the small run (nice guys). We let the trout go and went under the bridge where the two float fishermen had left. She hooked and landed two more smaller bows and we let those go.

The looks we got from the "pros" was priceless. My daughter said she was hungry so we went home. "Dad, this fishing is a lot of work.", she told me. She's been hooked on fishing ever since. The 3 inch pinkie is still her favourite bait for everything. She does quite well with it.

Edited by muddler