Are ya still lovin your Smoker.....NF

lookinforwalleye

Poor VW dealers and sales people. Can't imagine many people walking in to buy a VW now.

On autoshop last night they said to wait and see what VW is going to do before thinking of buying one of the affected models (used or new).

Sucks to be an owner of one of these and needing to sell.

ok, now they are truly in trouble.

Germany has given VW 10 days to present a solution or they will kick all affected cars off the road!!

http://blog.caranddriver.com/germany-gives-volkswagen-10-days-to-present-solution-to-diesel-emissions-problem/

Others in the EU will fall suit..... The lawsuits are going to astronomical! I can't see how they will survive this, an entire planet suing.... Governments, environmental agencies, customers, dealers....

Absolutely mind boggling how they thought they could get away with this!

G

I wonder if VW cars in Canada will be called in for emissions testing under the drive clean program, due to this....

The buyers are the ones being punished here.

Southern On is really the only drive clean area...I'll buy your VW diesel...I won't give you much but I'll buy it...no drive clean here

like i said earlier these cars will pass driveclean no problem. there's no sniffer test, just plug it into the computer and make sure no CEL -- that's basically the test. my bid starts at $1.

Edited by Raf

I wonder if VW cars in Canada will be called in for emissions testing under the drive clean program, due to this....

The buyers are the ones being punished here.

Diesels are already tested under Drive Clean in Ontario... OBDII test. They'll still pass emissions without issue.

What I meant was I could see Wynne having these cars sniff tested (under drive clean) or taken off the road unless taxed for the emissions they are spewing....

I could certainly see something happening..... Governments are always looking to make a buck

What I meant was I could see Wynne having these cars sniff tested (under drive clean) or taken off the road unless taxed for the emissions they are spewing....

I could certainly see something happening..... Governments are always looking to make a buck

I realize these cars are exceeding EPA requirements, but let's take a look at the overall picture here. It's a drop in the bucket when compared to anything else with a diesel engine on the road.. I can't imagine how much it would cost to completely redo the standards for driveclean for a few hundred thousand TDI's on our roads.

VW is going to recall the cars, flash them, they'll meet emissions, they'll probably get a few less MPGs, owners will be compensated and that will be the end of it.

Edited by BillM

Give it a couple weeks and then buy a chunk of VW shares...

As for the emissions, I see VW's clever way no different than GMC pumping air into the exhaust for the past 30 years to dilute the PPM coming out. Similar to sewer plants adding fresh water to their discharge system to bring their output to regulation PPM standards.

Edited by irishfield