NF...question for hunters

iFish4real

Hello everybody,

I have checked and re-checked all the regulations and I believe I have my answer but, as we all know, they can be hazy and interpretable so, I'd like to know what other hunters think on the matter.

This is the scenario: I go moose hunting up north, bow season, I have a bull tag, I am on my ATV with my crossbow ready to hunt. Am I, at this point, allowed to have my rifle on my ATV also, in the case and trigger locked since I have a bear license too? My guess is that I would be only transporting the rifle at that point but if, let's say, in the afternoon I'm away from the camp and I decide to stop hunting moose and start hunting bear I can do that.

Oppinions please :)

Thanks!

I think if there's open seasons and you have the tags, no problem.

I don't even think you need the trigger lock, just in the case and not loaded.

Same as having a doe tag, a small game tag and 2 guns. You can't shoot the deer with the 22, but the grouse you can.

Hello everybody,

I have checked and re-checked all the regulations and I believe I have my answer but, as we all know, they can be hazy and interpretable so, I'd like to know what other hunters think on the matter.

This is the scenario: I go moose hunting up north, bow season, I have a bull tag, I am on my ATV with my crossbow ready to hunt. Am I, at this point, allowed to have my rifle on my ATV also, in the case and trigger locked since I have a bear license too? My guess is that I would be only transporting the rifle at that point but if, let's say, in the afternoon I'm away from the camp and I decide to stop hunting moose and start hunting bear I can do that.

Oppinions please :)

Quote from pg 242 section 9 from the Canadian firearms safety book

"In a remote area when hunting might reasonably occur,you may leave a non restricted firearm in a unattended vehicle that has no trunk or compartment that can be locked (eg.canoe,kamik,snowmobile)if it is out of site. The non restricted firearm must be unloaded and rendered inoperable by a secure locking device.

You can have as many firearms as you want with you, but NONE can be loaded while on your ATV.

With an archery moose tag, and a rifle bear tag, you can decide which one you want to have loaded, but only one or the other......and only once your off the atv.

S.

Edited by Sinker

i dont think it needs to be encased while in transport..

Under the Fish and Game it does after sunset.

Edit: 2 sets of rules are at play here , what might be legal under the Provincial Fish and Game might not be OK with the Federal Firearms Legislation..

Edited by dave524