I was reminded by an 19" smallie that Simcoe rules.

misfish

First off, sorry for the lack of quality of the video. Dew on the lens as it was early morning and poor lighting. This video is more to show the strenght of these Simcoe smallies. As for my comment about Kawartha vs Simcoe small mouth, was based on a 23" I had caught on an inland Kawartha lake. That fish was long and lean. It put up a great fight. This Simcoe smallie reminded me how powerful they are. It was caught on top water. Also looks like they are starting to feed up by the looks of the belly. The way it was turning me around, was like it was on steroids.LOL

Just learning to edit and paste differnt things from two cameras.

Thats a task and a half. Again, sorry for the quality of the video. Lesson learned.

Edited by Brian B

Well I have been getting some fat tanks in both the north kawarthas & Haliburton and some are getting very fat just like footballs ..... For weeks now they have been puking up crayfish and baby perch the molt seemed to last longer this year up north so I think it was a bumper crop of crayfish this year and right very shortly will be switching back to chasing baitfish and depending what that is will be packing on the poundage real quick .... Have been having a blast with the brown fish this summer ......nice fish brian ...

Im going to be hitting that Kawartha lake again this Saturday. Hell, at 7.9 lt per 100, it,s worth it. :clapping:Also, it,s the only day I will not have south bound traffic heading home. LOL Then it will be Simcoe for the next two.

I would love to see a 23" that has put on the feed. It,s got to go 6-7 then.

A 4lb Kawartha's smallies will whip a 6 lb Simcoe smallie 10 out of 10 times.

I beg to differ, but to each their own.

That'd be fun!!! Nice fish dood!

Thanks Drew.

With the heat wave this week, Im thinking the small lake might be off. Might just stick fishing the big pond here.