Tennessee Guy aka Connie

Gerritt

For those unaware, Connie is going through some medical issues and had to cancel his trip to Canada to little vermillion because of them..

I hope I'm not out of line here but good thoughts and support certainly helped me get through my medical issues.... So I feel we should do the same for our long time friend.

Fight the good fight, rest and heal. The fish are waiting for you, now it's up to you to work your ass off and make sure you get there.

G

Thanks guys. Nothing major here, but enough to keep me from hitting the road August 6. Instead I checked with my family doctor, who is also a regular fishing partner. He gave me a ticket to ER, rather than a sandwich for a ride to Red Lake, as he told ER something bad must be happening with me to keep me from a fishing trip.

My pump checked out great, but we found a blood clot in each lung, plus pneumonia in my left lung. After spending two nights in the hospital I was allowed to go home with very few restrictions. We've determined the level of Coumadin for me and should be preventing any future blood clots. My grass has been trimmed, sweet corn sprayed for worms, latest stand of sweet corn side dressed with fertilizer and tilled. Only problem is that I was here to do the chores instead of being up yonder during what seemed to be a great fishing week for my Iowa friends. It really turned on as they approached the Friday new moon.

A couple of days in a hospital can make this fisherman wimpy and that's what happened. I should be able to get past that by working out lightly for a few days. Breathing exercises are bringing my lungs back to what they were before the clots and pneumonia.

Looking good on this end. Not really a big deal.

Glad to hear you are recovering Connie, those pike aren't going to catch themselves you know!

I've been trying to convince the Mrs. that I should make another trip to LV. I told her she probably wouldn't even notice I was gone for 8-9 days. She said that sounded great and she wouldn't be there when I got back. Does this mean I can fish longer?