Words to Live by?

danbo

1. Allow me to quote the late, great Colonel Sanders who said: 'I'm too drunk to taste this chicken...'

2. 'Ned, you went to Princeton, were All-Eastern, weren't you? That's what it said in the yearbook, Jim.

3. 'Marge, I'm not gonna lie to you....Goodnight.'

4. 'It's their ice, it's their rink and it's their fvckin town but tonight, we got our fans with us. They paid their hard-earned money to get here, so lets give 'em a show. Get that stick in his side, let 'em know your there. Get that lumber in his teeth, let 'em know you're there! (Bleed all over them, let 'em know you're there..)

5. 'You can't put those guys in jail, their folk heroes! They're criminals! Yah, well most folk heroes started out as criminals... Sarge, the boys and I want you to have this little memento. It's a Chiefs keyring, you cannot buy these in stores.'

6. If someone tells you they 'used' to fish, they never did.

1. Allow me to quote the late, great Colonel Sanders who said: 'I'm too drunk to taste this chicken...'

2. 'Ned, you went to Princeton, were All-Eastern, weren't you? That's what it said in the yearbook, Jim.

3. 'Marge, I'm not gonna lie to you....Goodnight.'

4. 'It's their ice, it's their rink and it's their fvckin town but tonight, we got our fans with us. They paid their hard-earned money to get here, so lets give 'em a show. Get that stick in his side, let 'em know your there. Get that lumber in his teeth, let 'em know you're there! (Bleed all over them, let 'em know you're there..)

5. 'You can't put those guys in jail, their folk heroes! They're criminals! Yah, well most folk heroes started out as criminals... Sarge, the boys and I want you to have this little memento. It's a Chiefs keyring, you cannot buy these in stores.'

6. If someone tells you they 'used' to fish, they never did.

4 and 5 are classics. So many more lines I could whip off from the movie. But I would probably need a censor.

Here is one of my favs...

"Icing appen when da puck come down, Bang!, before da odder guy you know. Nobody dere, My are go comes up, de play stop den start up"

As far as contributing to this thread...

"Failure is only an opportunity to a more intelligent beginning"

I believe it was Henry Ford who said that. Always stuck with me. Applies to so much.

Wes, 'Icing 'appen...' was my tagline on this board for years!

'Denis, mon amis, if you sign your contract over to me I'll prorate your losses.'

Jesus Christ Braden you would too, wouldn't you?

'My ambition is to own all your contracts, run this club my way. I'd make a fortune..'

'Dave is it tough sitting up here, watching your team lose like this'

Definitely, Jim.

'You injured your knee in the Peterborough game?'

No

'Oh? I though you had'

No, I went out in that snow storm last week to start my car. I didn't have a jacket on. I think it may have settled down in around my kidneys....

"Creeps and idiots cannot conceal themselves for long on a fishing trip"

-John Gierach

Yep....one of my favorites....

Here's another:

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

-Henry David Thoreau

When my 5 year old tells me that something isn't fair...I say/half sing.....

"You dont always get what you want....you dont always get what you want....But if you try sometimes you might find You get what you need"

She looks at me like I'm from another planet....LOL

and for those who have an ex wife

.............take your ex-wife out tonight..............................................................one bullet should do it..................

truly words to live by

and for those who have an ex wife

.............take your ex-wife out tonight..............................................................one bullet should do it..................

truly words to live by

I have always said "If I had shot him when I wanted to, I'd be out by now"...hehe.