Please tell me if I was wrong..

KraTToR

It's so strange. Sometimes guys will make a fuss over the smallest thing just because they are jerks, sometimes there are other factors.

Years ago my buddy and I were walking along the sidewalk and this guy going the other way yelled at us for hogging the sidewalk. So my buddy yells back at him and we keep walking. Two minutes later that same guy catches up to us and apologizes. Says he has had the week from hell. We took him for a beer and let him tell us all about it. Super nice guy.

Sometimes you never know.......

Edited by jeremy84

Really? Not that I care one way or another but that's not what I read:

"During the late afternoon, after most of the boats had left for the day, we were trolling along and found yellow floating marker. You know, the old school way of marking a location where you caught fish or mark stucture.

I picked it out of the water and it was broken in the middle so I assumed that someone just left it there.. I decided to bring it aboard and dispose of it properly."

By the sounds of things there were no other boats anywhere near this broken floating marker.

"Most of the boats had left" can only imply not all of the boats had left. Not sure how you can read it any other way unless you are unable to define the word most.

Maybe the guy lost his phone, wallet, or whatever overboard there? If its not yours, leave it alone. My parents taught me that when I was just a child. Now, if the buoy was floating around, not anchored, then yeah, pick it up as litter.

IMO it was pretty clear someone had set it there for a reason, and you had no business messing with it.

Maybe the guy lost his phone, wallet, or whatever overboard there? If its not yours, leave it alone. My parents taught me that when I was just a child. Now, if the buoy was floating around, not anchored, then yeah, pick it up as litter.

IMO it was pretty clear someone had set it there for a reason, and you had no business messing with it.

I agree! Whatever you do dont go around pulling every Milk jug and bleach bottle off the lakes you visit oh and don't pick up spare change you find sitting on the golf green. Edited by Bondar

If there is a kid in the boat, there is no way they should have behaved the way they did. No class at all. I think some people get really aggressive when a child is around because they know that the odds are that the adult will hold back. Its kind of like the internet. I think there are a lot of tough guys out there hding behing a keyboard (or behind a parent's kid). Take the high road and use it as a learning opportunity for the kid to let hem know that hose kind of people are out there.

That said, I would leave any marker out there, especially if its on a shoal. Those things are used to mark structure for future refence so they are ALWAYS left when the boat is not around.

Thinking about it that thing could have been a hazard marker or marking a sunken vessel, snow machine or whatever. If I see a marker in the future I will leave it where I found it. It might be a structure marker which was the only thing on board to mark it with. I don't carry MT jugs onboard my boat but have a few orange markers.

But the guys in the boat upsetting any youngster will still get a well placed flare between the eyes.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Wow. What I find now is a common attitude that is the total lack of good manners. The old saying, "you get more bees with honey, than vinegar" holds true. It is not a matter of you doing anything wrong (IMHO I don't think you did) but rather the stupidity of the verbal abuse that is questionable.

I find that as I grow older that the behaviour of a lot of people in public is , "it's all about me and I'm gonna let you know it", attitude. Your story has been repeated countless of times in many different forms and it is now accepted as a norm.

Intimidation and entitlement to intimidation is common place.

Good on ya for setting a fine example for for your bud and his son and keeping your cool.

If you want to see this behaviour again watch the steelhead season go into full chaos in October. Your incident will look minor. The post "Am I close enough" as just another example as is yours of the me,me,me,me attitude.

You can't fix stupid.

muddler