Report: fishing with the kiddo (pics and video)

adolson

Nothing really to say about this trip, but a couple days ago I took my son out in one of the Sportspals to a lake that's close to home for an hour or so. There's a sunken wooden structure of some sort with a bunch of rocks in it right close to shore, and there are almost always tons of little fish hanging out by it, so I figured it'd be a good place for him to have an experience, even at his young age (he'll be 3 in a few months).

This isn't his first fish or first fishing trip or anything, but it's the first time I took him alone on the water to fish with his rod (Zebco Dock Demon). It was his first rock bass and first [tiny] smallmouth bass, though.

So, without further ado, here's a heavily-edited video:

And a couple pics:

11828751_10153465569205928_2086700601690

11828650_10153465569585928_3484847501025

Thanks for all the comments, everyone! I am sure I'll be posting more stuff in the future, hopefully with [real] fish. I just got an SJ4000 action cam that I'm quite happy with. My brother is moving next door this month, so with my new 3 wheeler and his 4 wheeler, we're gonna go exploring for fish soon! Already got a couple trout lakes picked out to hit, so hopefully reports will come sooner than later. I'll try to get some more reports with my boy, too.

You got a truck!!!

wow, has he ever grown since the last time I saw him.

"HI FISHY!!!" hahahaha

Last time you saw him was when we went camping around a year ago, right? Yeah, he's grown a bit. Not as much as we'd like to see, but we're still working with an OT from Timmins. I'm sure your little girl is growing up fast, eh? We gotta head down there soon for a visit, I think!

I got the Sonoma around a year ago, got it on the road in the fall. I love it, but I think a ball joint is starting to go. It was a good price anyhow, and my brother fixed up the body pretty good (paint doesn't match, but I don't care). It gets me where I wanna go. Just wish it was a little less thirsty, at just over 13mpg...