LOTW 2015 Muskie Trip

Fisherpete

Doesn't look windy/wavy to me..... :whistling:.....what's the problem? :tease:

Great fish! Very jealous! Just hearing someone say "Lake of the Woods" has given me goosebumps since I was a kid. Saw the lake for the first time last month as I was driving to BC. "Blue lake and rocky shore. I will return once more...." :canadian:

I am sure pete will chime in but yes the hands and fingers needed a break after that trip.

We have stayed at witch bay camp before. It's prob my favourite of them all so far. lots of awesome fishing close to camp as well.

As far as structure goes we started the week fishing main lake structure such as rocky points, reefs and island saddles. After the craZy winds we switched gears to weedy bays with beaches.

I find the type of rock your fishing makes all the difference up there. You want the chunky stuff. Nothing smooth. Or at least a combination of the two.

Just firmed up my next trip on LOTW for end of October. Can't wait

Sadly no big Walters this year. We were hoping sandy would have helped us find a walleye spot close to camp for the odd afternoon or evening when we wanted a break. Unfortunately no help was provided so we attempted a few spots with no luck so said screw it and kept muskie fishing haha

Yes the giant Lakewoods box serves me well! Thanks again for a great deal.

As Andrew mentioned, of the various lodges that we have stayed at, Witch Bay was by far the best overall experience. Anyone interested in more info on our experiences at any of the lodges please feel free to PM either of us.

Here's a couple more pics that I just got back, two of my favourite shots from the trip actually! Andrew with a 42.5" and me with a 43". You can really see the shoulders on the fish up there in these two images.

IMG_0242_zpsxauz6jnh.jpg

IMG_0246_zpsxud7qyga.jpg