redstone lake

mrpink

Have a cottage rented for a week in August on Redstone and a couple questions that I am hoping members here might be able to assist with.
Our cottagei s located in Piccadilly Bay, which of the multiple launches would be the best to use?
Looking at some maps, it seems the lake is also attached to Pelaw lake, is it possible to boat to or is the river too shallow?
Any tips on what works and doesn't work for fishing the lakes?

thanks for any insight

I think your closest launch to Piccadilly Bay will be the one off of County Road 7/Kennisis Lake Road. You can get to Pelaw through a fairly narrow channel but it's smart to check with the locals about the water depth. Redstone and Pelaw are tires into the Trent Severn system so the water level starts to drop sometime late summer.

As for the fishing, I had the most success with darker coloured flukes and wacky rigged senkos. While I didn't fish for any lake trout, it's my understanding they are out there in the big lake. You can also do some bass fishing on little Redstone, there's a big island in the middle and the west side of that island seems to attract a few boats each evening.

Have fun!

Thanks for the info. I thought that would be the closest, but wanted to confirm. After I launch, I'll take the boat and the wife will drive the truck, which is why I'm looking for the closest one.

Is that launch a decent one? Know some up in the back lakes can be questionable.

Launch was ok. Paved as stated for the first part, and got deep nice and quick. Only thing that wasn't good was a spot to tie up. Had to get the wife to hold the ropes while I dealt with the truck.

I'll see how the fishing goes.....

Thanks for the info

Fishing has been tough. Cranks, spinners, body baits, plastics, live baits and best has been a 2lb. Found lots of spots that look like they should hold some beasts, bays with lots of dead heads and timber stacked up on the bottom, just not getting the results. Any suggestions on which area of the lakes I should be trying?

That area is pretty tough for size, on kawagama, i boated a bunch but none were over 2lb. Most came in 6-12fow by rocks on topwater, wacky rigged senkos, and dropshot. Never fished that lake before though, cant offer any spots

Yup go deeper and finesse them with dropshot or tube !!!! You will probly get less fish bit will be bigger & better !!!! I have been doing both the shallow game & deep game for smallies last week or 2 and there are atull some decent fish shallow for sure !!!! Inside weedleines can be awesome this time of year !!!

I fish a similar lake up the road from Redstone and find it difficult to find a smallie over 1 pound. Lots of 8-12 inch sized bass however. I once caught a 3 pound fish but that's it. I've caught small fish in 5-30 FOW and suspended in deeper water. I think its due to the lack of bait fish, at least in the lake I'm on. Last two weeks I caught and kept a few lake trout 19-22 inches and their bellies were empty apart from bugs -maybe spiny water fleas.

I fish a similar lake up the road from Redstone and find it difficult to find a smallie over 1 pound. Lots of 8-12 inch sized bass however. I once caught a 3 pound fish but that's it. I've caught small fish in 5-30 FOW and suspended in deeper water. I think its due to the lack of bait fish, at least in the lake I'm on. Last two weeks I caught and kept a few lake trout 19-22 inches and their bellies were empty apart from bugs -maybe spiny water fleas.

Which lake is that turtle?