The man with the clipboard

Fisherman

They showed up at my door the other day. Paul is on midnights and was sleeping. I kindly told them I was not interested and to leave. They persisted until I had to raise my voice saying I was clearly NOT INTERESTED. Finally Paul yells from his now interrupted sleep to "move along" and that's putting it mildly :)

They then had the audacity to mock Paul and continued to make derogatory statements all the way down the driveway. The nerve of these guys is unbelievable.

Yup, got one of those, "No agents, peddlers or soliciting". Can't read the queens english eh, no agents, means people of your ilk, no peddlers means people trying to flog stuff and no soliciting means asking for stuff. Now go forth and bug the jehovah across the street.

I had someone like this the other day, but it was for hydro. They use young kids so I tried to be as polite as possible, but it was a total scam.

I was lying under my boat on the driveway wet sanding a repair, covered in white goo, when the unsuspecting lad with the clip board came up and asked me if it was a bad time.

He left post haste after my reply.

I felt a little guilty for a while. A little.

These guys are annoying and some are frauds but with that said, there can be some benefits to locking in your energy prices. I have never locked in on electricity since the Ontario Energy Board 'Global Adjustment' fees make it impossible for any true competition to exist but I have done very well over the last few years locking in on natural gas at the right times. If you want to shop around without seeing the guy with the clipboard, here is a site that allows you to compare prices and contracts for yourself:

http://www.energyshop.com/es/general/gas/default.cfm

Edited by G.mech