No Blueberries! But we still had a blast!!

NAW

Well, I can't say there was no blue berries.. They where just still green/red. I did manage a few to snack on, but nothing worth bringing home!

We did a 20km paddle, to a set of falls.

Sam caught a hammer handle pike in the first section of river, and while she was bringing it in, a massive 40+ pike grabbed on to it! We go so excited, that I ended up set a hook past the barb in to middle of my thumb!! And I was so excited, that I just ripped it out, and grabbed the net. But the big pike let go, and all we ended up boating, was the dink hammer handle! Ah well, still a good story.

Caught a couple bass on the way home. I lost 4 boat side, and Sam lost 1 landed 2. SO my rookie fisherman girlfriend has out fished me the last 2 times we've been out!!!! what the hell Man!!

Here's some random shots from the day. The weather was great, and the company couldn't have been better!!

I used the pano function on my cell phone for the first time yesterday.

DSC_0870_zps4lzbt6tj.jpg

DSC_0865_zpsakpsuu8b.jpg

DSC_0871_zps6pe7s5nk.jpg

DSC_0874_zpsq1ltwnte.jpg

DSC_0892_zpsqrgqmwob.jpg

DSC_0897_zpslrkp4kyd.jpg

DSC_0900_zpsqwcovcqw.jpg

DSC_0904_zps6ehppkxo.jpg

DSC_0915_zpsqjt37u5i.jpg

IMG_2448_zpsgv8arj2n.jpg

IMG_2450_zpsyw2xbi8e.jpg

Thanks for reading!!

More to come, this summer is just getting started!!!!

Edited by N.A.W

Im teaching her how to fish. And to paddle, and she's really catching on quickly. She gets the first few casts at all the nice looking fishy spots.

I enjoy how happy catching a fish makes her! And the more fish she catches, the more addicted she is becoming!!

Edited by N.A.W

wow -now that is a great day on the water. absolutely sweet stretch of river.How's the thumb?

The thumb is ok. It's just in a bad spot.. But I heal fast.

Looks like an amazing stretch of river, Nick! Strawberries were EVERYWHERE this weekend at our campsite, blueberries are still a few weeks away up here.

We are going to try again the next kid free weekend.

LIfe is good brutha Nick... and with a GF interested in fishing and the outdoors life will continue to be good brutha Nick. lol. Great looking day getaway dood!

Yep, life is feelin pretty darn good right now for sure Bunk!

NAW sounds and looks like u had a great time, beautiful scenery, a piece of paradise for sure, my wife is the same she outfishes me in the summer always, but in winter I give her a run for the money lol

I never thought I would enjoy having a partner who enjoys fishing and outdoors as much as I do.! I don't mind getting out fished one bit!