New Fishing Buddy

FloatnFly

well if enough of the retriever in him comes out have fun keeping him out of the water. If my golden gets anywhere near it she is in it including diving out of the boat when pulling up to shore and sometimes out in the middle of the lake. She even cliff dives with the kids.

well if enough of the retriever in him comes out have fun keeping him out of the water. If my golden gets anywhere near it she is in it including diving out of the boat when pulling up to shore and sometimes out in the middle of the lake. She even cliff dives with the kids.

That is awesome! Had him at Whitby beach last night for a walk, he was curious about the crashing waves, but didn't venture in

I have a jingle bell on a strap on my door and that is how my dog tells me it is time to go out. Fix a 1 inch or so bell small strap so it can be poked with his nose and ring and before you take him out ring the bell and then open the door and say good boy go pee or what ever you want to say.. After he pees give him a treat and bring him back in without any playing or wandering. If you want to go outside to play or anything else do not ring the bell just open the door and give him a different phrase. As time goes on he might pick up the habit of using the bell to alert you to other things like the food bowl is empty he wants a treat etc. it is a small price to pay for no scratches on the door and walls or worse missed trips to pee outside.

Art

I have a jingle bell on a strap on my door and that is how my dog tells me it is time to go out. Fix a 1 inch or so bell small strap so it can be poked with his nose and ring and before you take him out ring the bell and then open the door and say good boy go pee or what ever you want to say.. After he pees give him a treat and bring him back in without any playing or wandering. If you want to go outside to play or anything else do not ring the bell just open the door and give him a different phrase. As time goes on he might pick up the habit of using the bell to alert you to other things like the food bowl is empty he wants a treat etc. it is a small price to pay for no scratches on the door and walls or worse missed trips to pee outside.

Art

thanks for that, will have to try that out.