Yup, it was one of those for G, and the weather couple hours away looked good, so I cashed in a golden charm vacation day to spend some time with my boy

funny how the alarm goes off at 5 and I groan on a work day , but at 4:30 on a fishing day sleep is far behind me

4a59980f-ec86-4b11-b670-56bcba8d6f8e_zps

for about four hours, all we could find were silvers. Then as were were trying to pick a path between two ahead of us, the boat on the left had rods firing faster than they could bring them in. As we entered the battlefield, we got a triple header. With smiles and "at lasts: we did a 180 and got 3 more. I dont believe I have ever ended up with as many different species in the boat in one day on the great lakes.

And just in time for the fish fry,

RIMG0641_zpsjfs70avt.jpg

RIMG0640_zpsdfwcx4su.jpg

RIMG0639_zpsnchri6k4.jpg

RIMG0636_zpshawr9z4x.jpg

RIMG0634_zpsky7emitt.jpg

RIMG0631_zpsxbfdrq3k.jpg

now, what's the weather like tomorrow?

I see five there Rick? But then again I've had an equal number of rum & coke??

Great day on the water :)

Good eye sir! And then there was the Ugly Betty Barn yard animals for the half dozen.

I think it's great the way you & G spend so much time fishing together and I always enjoy reading your tales.

This one was definitely no exception.

Thanks Lew - that's very kind of you, and I'm glad you enjoy our slimey times updates. I'm trying very hard to write a different book than the one I lived. G makes it easy.

Nice going, I'm only seeing 4 species, some walleyes, perch, few silver bass and a salmonoide that looks like a coho by the tail, what am I missing ??

Dave, Pikeslayer is either amazingly observant, has fished Lake Erie a lot and guessed, or his reason is right :whistling: A couple of white perch in the mix. Hard to tell the difference, especially in these pics, but 2 of them are WP.. And good eye on the coho, 10 points for ID skills there. :good:

Great report! Sounds like a great day with your son. Nice feed as well

Thanks PE - I'm not much for the silvers and white perch myself, but G loves them sauteed in butter then thrown on a bun for breakfast. Around our house, that will last a couple days, between us and a few neighbours who usually stop by to "admire" the days catch :lol:

Edited by spincast