Lawn mower help please.

captpierre

I've never met Cliff but he has helped me and I've sent 'things' his way. Not much but it's the though that counts, when I finally make it up there I'll make it up.

And your latest offering is running like a dream, it's yours if you ever want it back!

I just wanna visit for supper

Have you seen his posts in the food thread lol

There is an Italian saying:

A grandson was going to vist his grandmother (Nonna) with his new girlfriend . . ., I'll make this short . .

She says "when you get to the elevator, press 4 with your elbow"

"Nonna, why do I have to use my elbow"

Nonna: "are you coming empty handed"?

I have to talk to my four girls :)

I just wanna visit for supper

Have you seen his posts in the food thread lol

You have an open invitation to visit me anytime for any reason. I have been following your posts for a while now and you are the kind of young man that has earned and deserves respect! My door would always be open to you!

And your latest offering is running like a dream, it's yours if you ever want it back!

Use it Cliff, give it away or manjoe(Paul) the delivery guy can have it, I have replaced it. Hei we saved a landfill object!

My question is did you need parts? I was quoted $50 for a carb and NO repair kits, or I would have done it myself.

You have an open invitation to visit me anytime for any reason. I have been following your posts for a while now and you are the kind of young man that has earned and deserves respect! My door would always be open to you!

paying back with friendship is the best offer areason can make.

Very kind words Cliff? there are good people left on this earth and I think your near the top of that list

Miigwich

Hopefully Ill be able to visit you and some other OFCers soon!

Oh and I def wont come empty handed!

Edited by manitoubass2

Use it Cliff, give it away or manjoe(Paul) the delivery guy can have it, I have replaced it. Hei we saved a landfill object!

My question is did you need parts? I was quoted $50 for a carb and NO repair kits, or I would have done it myself.

$20.00 in parts (fuel filter some new fuel lines and a diaphram in the carb) To be honest with you in a regular shop it would have been $100.00 repair. Thing runs like new, starts first pull it's a good unit! Already have a single mom that needs one and $20.00 just happened to be her budgit :whistling:

Very kind words Cliff there are good people left on this earth and I think your near the top of that list

Miigwich

Hopefully Ill be able to visit you and some other OFCers soon!

Oh and I def wont come empty handed!

An out streched hand and a smile is all that is needed LOL. Besides I'd love to make my cream of roasted garlic soup for you one of these days!

Geez Cliff you deserve a humanitarian award for frig sakes!

Unreal

I rarely mow my lawn(although I enjoy it). We really need a rider. By the time I finish I have to start again lol

A nice couple down the road does it because we feed him alot( hes friends with the kiddos).

Is bartering still a thing lol.

An out streched hand and a smile is all that is needed LOL. Besides I'd love to make my cream of roasted garlic soup for you one of these days!

Meh, I too was taught not to come empty handed?

And if you do at least do some work of sorts.

When I go up to gramps on sawbill I bring fuel and weed eat.

Im not even sure he knows about the gas???

I never talk about it and hes never mentioned it lol.

One time i found a used paddle boat for the kids to use up there. I guess I shoulda told him cause he thought it was stolen and dropped off at his cabin lol.

Ive tried that soup Cliff, its to die for.

And if you make it, I know itll be even better?

Edited by manitoubass2

$20.00 in parts (fuel filter some new fuel lines and a diaphram in the carb) To be honest with you in a regular shop it would have been $100.00 repair. Thing runs like new, starts first pull it's a good unit! Already have a single mom that needs one and $20.00 just happened to be her budgit :whistling:

there we go paying it back and helping others. I'm sure she will get good use out of it :)

Clif I was told a NEW carb was not available or a kit. I cleaned that diaphram to the bone and it worked but could never get a new one.

Thank you for making someone happy! I see some people throw out amazing things where I live, wish I had the time and means to fix them.

We waste so much it makes me think of what we are doing!

there we go paying it back and helping others. I'm sure she will get good use out of it :)

Clif I was told a NEW carb was not available or a kit. I cleaned that diaphram to the bone and it worked but could never get a new one.

Thank you for making someone happy! I see some people throw out amazing things where I live, wish I had the time and means to fix them.

We waste so much it makes me think of what we are doing!

Ya, the diaphram was stretched so wouldn't work properly. That is a ZAMA carb, plenty of parts and kits available if you know where to look.

Is bartering still a thing lol.

It sure is still a thing and working better then ever.

I just did a bunch of work on a guy's truck that he uses for work. He didn't have all the coin to fix it and I need our kitchen and back room repaired & painted, after some water damage. Guess what buddy does for a living and oh man do I hate drywall and painting. LOL

Dan.

I don't need it. I gladly delivered it to Cliff. Any excuse to pay him a visit. I also know he believes in paying it forward.

Wow Cliff, that is awesome... I may have to pay you a visit in a few weeks if that offer is still on the table! My mower needs a tune up also. Starts fine, then starts to sputter and die around 30 seconds later... You can keep it running by pumping the primer bulb a few times every 30-45 seconds as you cut the grass, but you can imagine how annoying that is!!!

Pete

Pete. You can kill two birds with one stone. If you are dropping off the mower, you can hop on my boat for a musky hunt.

Cliff. If you've never met Pete before he is a great guy.... Like you.

Edited by manjo39

By coincidence, yesterday I was mowing the lawn and the mower engine surged a couple times. It's a John Deere tractor and I thought I'd better check the oil...ya never know. I pulled the dipstick and it looked good. While pondering my next move, my cell phone rang and after a two minute chat, I was back to the tractor. I'll start it up and see if it does it at idle, I decide. Turn the key and it fired up like a champ. One second later I'm being sprayed in the face with warm brown oil and there's a cloud of brown fog so think you can taste it. I managed to get my hand on the key and get it shut down but not before I create a 6 foot circle of sticky slick goo. Yeah, don't run it with the oil dipstick on the work bench. Bright side? After I wipe the tractor down it looked like new!

It ran fine right after btw. Of course it did.

Love lawn mowers, once a week, last week it stalled after a few minutes, cleaned out the self-drive channel and off she went, build up of grass clippings :

Today no clippings to speak of and it goes for a few minutes and stopped (bad word here)

I checked the chute all clean, gas is good. . . . Remove gas cap (I saw this done at a repair shop)

Put it back on and off she goes for the rest of the cutting! Is it air pressure?

I think it's testing my nerves :) or wants me to drive tomLindsay and see Cliff!