Wet day of Kawartha Muskie chasing

Smokey

With a few days off this week I managed to meet up with Lew for a day of fishing. We knew it was going to be wet going into the day, but decided to make the best of it. We toughed it out thru the rains this morn but then the lightning and thunder moved in and decided to head for shore and wait it out. Within a a short while of fishing after the storm moved thru Lew had a solid hit but didn't manage to get the hookset, we both got a quick flash of the fish as it hit the lure. We hung in there for about another hour till the temperature drop and the cold north winds had told us it was time to go.

All in All a good day on the water but hopefully next I'll have some fish and pics for the report.

Nice try boys, gotta hate it when they miss the lure, but that's the game. Man did those temps ever drop quick, went from 30 to 5 in a few hours here, now that's what they call a cold front. :o

How's Lew's little fishing trip going ? waiting for his report.

That really was some front wasn't it? Pretty dramatic and interesting to me being a weather guy...

Probably a wise decision to pack it in at that juncture, although if anybody could've caught fish under those conditions it's likely you guys.

Glad to hear that Lew is getting back in the swing of things....

cheers, Mike

Thanks everyone. It wasn't completly fishless Dan I should have mentioned one big out of season largemouth attacking my spinnerbait but it was muskieless day.

As for Lew I'm hoping he'll have a report tomorrow when he returns. He has been busy with family things lately but I figured he'll hit the water today and make another serious attept to get slimed before returning to the big city.

The great thing about fishing is that no matter what the conditions, your next cast could bring in your new personal best!! Good on you and Lew getting out there and trying...it sure beats sitting at home wondering if this was going to be your day. Better luck next time!