when I heard this morning a large lump in my throat formed.

BB was, *and still is*, a Legend.

my second concert ever was BB King Blues Fest in Toronto....I was 15 years old. He was a legend then, and still is now.

Thanks for your contribution to the world Mr King.

b-b-king-lucille-2008.jpg

That's a sad way to start the day right there...

While living in Germany, I stopped in at a concert of his in a knee-jerk decision. I can't remember what year that was, probably 2010 I think. Anyways, he wasn't able to start for very much of the show and he certainly didn't have the pipes I heard when I listened to his recordings BUT, he still had a massive presence on stage and did still very much sound like the blues. He is the first of my music idols that I ever got to see perform live. I'm so thankful that I took the opportunity to see him. He will be sorely missed...

My wife woke me this morning to tell me, she knew I was a fan, I had just watched a recent biography, 2013 I believe, called "The Life of Riley" a couple of days ago. For me BB was probably the most identifiable guitarist, just one note and you knew it was him. RIP

Heard that this morning driving up for breaky with the parents. My pop told me about when I arrived up there as well. He said man,Im getting old.LOL

I heard he was inspired at a young age by his minister, who played the guitar during sunday church.

Another great blues fenom, has left us.

https://youtu.be/iUaevnP1LLg

Edited by Brian B

BB was an amazing artist, mentor and all around gentleman to so many who played the blues. His list achievements is staggering. If you happen to have Sirius radio, BB Kings Bluesville has been recognizing his music and achievements all day. In the several hours I have listened , not one song repeated. I came to appreciate his talent far too late, but perhaps that only served to heighten my appreciation.

BB King may be dead, but his music will live forever, and continue to inspire generations.