Canadian Consensus

blaque

Guest Johnny Bass

I find it odd that all the guys are saying there is more Canadians on the Ducks than there is on the Sens. Now correct me if I am wrong. Hasn't it ALWAYS been the case that there are more Canadian players on American teams than Americans?? Though yet, we all talked about bringing the cup back to Canada. Now the politically correct thing to say is well, there is more Canadians on the duck team???

I look at it this way. Where are there more Hockey fans? You can bet your bottom dollar there are more in Ottawa than Anaheim. There are more kids in Ottawa rooting for the Sens than there is in Anaheim. Even with the Mighty ducks movie.

Even though there are more Canadians on Anaheim , it would be better for the Canadian KIDS if Ottawa won. I'm not saying they will win, but I would like to see them win.

As far foreign players. If you wanna talk about Alfie in General its one thing. Though you dont want a

cup to be held up by a non canadian?

So I guess if the leafs were in the Play offs, you wouldn't want the leafs to win because Sundin is non Canadian??

Maybe we should get Alfie. Sundin needs a good sweded to play with(though I would prefer Forsberg).

Also, all you guys complaining about too many foreigners may have some good news. I hear the NHL wants to open up in either Europe Or Russia(more than likely). You'll see alot of Russian and east Europeans head back home in a hurry.

I think it will be a seperate leauge though.

It would be one heck of a match to pit our Stanley cup team against theres!

Fact: 14 Canadaian players on the Sens

Fact: 19 Canadian players on the Ducks

Fact : As always Ottawaians cant get the numbers right

Seems its ok for the Sens fans to be passonate about their team, but not for anyone else to have an opion, ( Never seen that attitude come out of Ottawa before)

Fact: its not just Leafs fans who dont want the Sens to win, its every true loyal hockey fan in every province in this great country of ours.

So sorry you folks up on the hill can tell us how fast to drive, how much we pay in taxes, and everything else we can do, BUT YOU CANT TELL US WHO TO CHEER FOR IN THE STANLEY CUP.

and on aside note, I wonder who,s paying for the tickets all the polititions seem to be getting all of a sudden,

GO DUCKS GO

GO DUCKS GO

GO DUCKS GO

Alfie isnt good enough as a captain because he doesnt lead and is european????????

Kinda of reminds me of a number 13 in Toronto who hasnt cut to the inside in 10 years!

Either way any hockey fan that knows his a@@ from a hole in the ground knows the best player on either team out there is Mike Fischer.

Give me 10 Fischers and I would never lose a game!

Go Sens because there from Canada and go Mike Fischer because he is an awesome player!

moslty what i read here is jealousy, nothing other, "your" team didn't make it so cheer for the furthest thing from it,(not distance, but style) so many "alfie is european" blah blah, so is sundin, so is koivu, but we still cheer for them, am i the only one that sees this as a form of racism?, surprised it hasn't been flagged down yet

anyway habs are my team, for these palyoffs i cheered for the sens and still am, and when/if they lose will think to myself "that sucks", i don't bleed blue or green or bleu blanc rouge, i love hockey, love the habs, but in the end is just a game, all you "haters" out there are just jealous your team didn't make it,

this board was pretty quiet hockey wise until the best in the east started to lose, like a cat waiting to pounce on the mouse, big shocker nobody voiced their hatred when they were winning,

even though i'm a habs fan i'm very proud of the sens, the sens fans out there should be proud, and the team should be proud (yes alfie too)

very few ppl cheered for the ducks when the playoffs began, to those of you who did congrats, (more than likely),

ps, unless pronger and kunitz combine for 26 points in the remaining games i win 600 bucks in a pool

...THIS BOARD HAS LOST ALL MY RESPECT AFTER THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS.iT IS OBVIOUS MOST OF THE MODERATORS ON THIS BOARD ARE FROM TORONTO ...YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER. :wallbash:

I think Quebec, Sturgeon Falls, Dutton, Thunder Bay, Niagara, etc are not Toronto. Respect is a 2 way street.

Hope its a good game, nothing more, nothing less. (This from a Leafs fan)

Edited by steve_paul

Dam right I want Ottawa to loose!

They are a rival team...whats wrong with that?

Any Leaf fan Cheering the Sens on might as well change their Handle to Pancake or waffle.

Why Would I cheer for my Buddies team and hope he gets braggin rights for the next year?

Thats like cheering for a headache....

Am I jealous my team isn't there?....you bet, but who isnt'?

Sorry but I think cheering for the 19 Canadain boys on The ducks is better then cheering for 1 Alfredson and 14 Canadians on the Sens...because I don't like The way he plays "THAT MUCH" :rolleyes:

And really...it's ALFREDSON?

Need I say more? :dunno:

I guess thats the great thing about Sports...I can say that and there ain't nuthin wrong with it.

Some Sour Grapes up there in tax country me thinks....

And I'm lovin every minute of it :thumbsup_anim:

PS

I'm a Leaf fan that wishes Sundin would go to the Sens

:whistling:

Edited by Cookslav

iT IS OBVIOUS MOST OF THE MODERATORS ON THIS BOARD ARE FROM TORONTO ...YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER. :wallbash:

...Actually I'm currently in Hamilton and if I had my way there would be no hockey threads on the board. :clapping:

I find moderating them as exciting as watching the game....yawn

WELL 2-0 DUCKS RIGHT NOW.....CAN'T WAIT TO WEAR MY DUCKS JERSEY TOMORROW AND HAVE BRAGGING RIGHTS. STILL ALOT OF HOCKEY TO PLAY THOU.

AND I HAVE TO SAY "YES" TO FISHER BEING THE BEST PLAYER, I WOULD SAY ON BOTH SIDES OF THE ICE IN THIS SERIES, ANY TEAM THAT CAN PICK HIM UP IF OTTAWA DOESN'T RESIGN HIM AGAIN IS GONNA BE A FORCE TO MESSED WITH.

GO DUCKS GO!

SEE THE REALITY OF THESE THREADS AS WELL IS THAT THEY ARE ALWAYS STARTED BY TORONTO FANS.YOU NEVER SEE AN OTTAWA FAN START A THREAD LIKE THIS .THIS THREAD WAS SIMPLY STARTED TO STIR THE POT AND IT IS OBVIOUS THAT SOME OF THE MORE SENIOR PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD REFUSE TO STOP ALL THIS NONSENSE AND ONLY FEED THE FIRE.THIS IS A FISHING BOARD NOT A TRASH OTTAWA SENATORS BOARD SO EITHER PULL THE THREADS OR DEAL WITH ALL THE BACKLASH.WHAT DO YOU EXPECT ALL THE OTTAWA FANS TO SAY OR DO ALL WE DO IS DEFEND OUR TEAM WHEN WE HAVE BEEN BY THE FAR THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS(yes except the playoffs i"ll give you that one but still better than toronto !!).JEALOUSY REIGNS SUPREME AND I FEEL SAFE KNOWING THAT I WILL NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT WONDERING WHETHER TO CHEER FOR TORONTO IN THE FINALS BECAUSE REALISTICLY IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.THIS BOARD HAS LOST ALL MY RESPECT AFTER THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS.iT IS OBVIOUS MOST OF THE MODERATORS ON THIS BOARD ARE FROM TORONTO ...YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER. :wallbash:

FYI, i am from the states. Buffalo is my team........not the leafs. aAaaaaaaaaaaaand as the original post states, Stirring the pot was the LAST thing i wanted to do when asking the question that spawned this debate. I just wanted an honest question answered. In fact, ive mentioned a time or two to get rid of the post if it got ugly. The thread began as an honest inquiry that confused myself and many of my American friends.

I hear ya Blaque. I'm not phased by any of these armchair professionals. It's a game, much like curling, golf and tennis. This game just uses padding for the less endowed. That's all.

ah..canadians....... so vocal ..so passionate

if the world could get them to channel their passions to world hunger or global warming they could solve the worlds problems...

but no..only when it's their hockey team in the play offs or the cost of cable tv going up, do they make a stand.......................................LOL

niedermayer_cup_hor.jpg

Was funny watching Niedermayer tugging the cup away from Bettman last night, don't think he really wanted too much to do with him and certainly didn't want him holding the cup.

Also anyone find that Alfie resembles the guy in the Mastercard commercial who "dreams" of driving the zamboni.

Just my thoughts on the end of the season.

Was funny watching Niedermayer tugging the cup away from Bettman last night, don't think he really wanted too much to do with him and certainly didn't want him holding the cup.

Also anyone find that Alfie resembles the guy in the Mastercard commercial who "dreams" of driving the zamboni.

Just my thoughts on the end of the season.

Thats HILARIOUS Steve.......i laughed my arse off when Bettman had the cup ripped out of his hands, and neidermayer actually almost gave him a look like, "I dont think so gary, just gimme the cup" lol. If gary was holding on tighter, i think neidermayer may have taken him across the table along with the cup HAHA. Very astute observations, cuz i also walked in teh room during the MC commercial and did a double take............thought it was Alfie in his younger years.

Looking forward to the next Mighty Ducks feature film in about 2 decades. The movie, a Disney Pixar film, based on a true story, will retell the road to victory for a bunch of have-not Californians from the ghettos of Anaheim. How they overcame a thousand and one odds and were slum gritty, but cleaned themselves up, only to play real gritty in the end. A team of bums, drunks, dwarves and Invincibles (like Vinny Papale of the Philly Eagles, or Rudy from that other football movie) turned highly conditioned intellectuals which studied the game tapes of past Lord Stanley winning teams such as the foul weathered Hurricanes and Lightning of other southern nasty climes and "8-Mile" streets.

A bearded McCauley Culkin is rumored to play the part of Neidermayer, and, that kid that says "I see dead people" in the 6th Sense is working on beefin' up his forearms to have enough elbow to play the Prongz.

It'll be a tearjerker with a happy ending for sure. Blossom of NBC's past awesome hit "Blossom" has successfully made it through her sex change and will be playing the role of a nasty little rich kid from the city of Federal Taxes that all Senators fans had a role in punishing the rest of the nation of Canada with. Blossom's character name in the movie will be "Alfie," but the writers will have retired his number 11 for 666 instead and he'll wear a helmet with horns, carry a pitch-forked hockey stick, and have hoove liked skates.