Silly Question

Here's my situation I am going to the Bay of Quinte Canada Day weekend.I usually take my kids fishing and all do not require a licence(under 18).

My wife has no interest in fishing but will come along with kids in the boat while they fish.Sometimes she likes to read a book ,catch some rays or just take some photos.

I always bring more than one fishing rod on board.So lets say the MNR comes over for a licence check.If my wife doesn't fish and has no licence will they believe us or give us a difficult time?Has anyone ever been in this situation before.

I have been checked for a licence on The BOQ more than any other body of water.Yes the MNR is doing a fine job on the BOQ!

So let me know.Mike :dunno:

LOL percher... giving him a hard time eh... MTP you are 100% within the law and the main thing is that you 1) dont have her limit and yours, and your childrens, and 2) only one rod per licence holer in the water at a time... I realize you know this stuff but just confirming it with you... I go out with my mom once in a while and she reads and doesnt have a licence or a rod in the water.. Thats 100% legal, but it doesn't mean you wont get hassled if you get an unhappy CO lol... good luck out there Mike

I wouldnt worry about it. If a MNR officer has you in his sights, chances are he will be watching you long before you see him. I have had those guys literally jump out of the bushes before. I mean really, one second you are fishing on the side of the lake with your buddies, then you turn around and there is a fully armoured MNR officer standing there.

I always bring several rods with me when I fish. For backup and to have multiple presentations to throw. Never had a problem with the MNR.

Just because she has the equipment at her disposal doesn't make her a prostitute either ! You surely have seen that joke where the women is reading the book in the boat filled with fishing equipment and the CO tries to charge her with fishing without a licence. She tells the CO she is going to charge him for being a rapist...as he has the equipment for that himself.

Hey Mike.

Get your wife a licence, they dont cost much and well worth the aggravation.

My wife is a fairweather fisher but loves to be out on the water and if the mood strikes her....she'll toss a line out.

There's plenty of places to get a licence in Quinte.

Hi Mike,

Your wife doesn't need a license as others have said but she doesn't have to know that...

Get her a license under the pretense of avoiding a hassle. When you get a nice wally on your line, hand the rod to her. She might get a kick out of fighting a fish and be inclined to drop a line down herself.

Or better yet, take me fishing and when you get a nice wally on the line HAND IT TO ME!

I'm considering a name change from SlowPoke to 0fer... as in 0 fer 2007 :wallbash:

-Brian

Hey Mike.

Get your wife a licence, they dont cost much and well worth the aggravation.

My wife is a fairweather fisher but loves to be out on the water and if the mood strikes her....she'll toss a line out.

There's plenty of places to get a licence in Quinte.

Yep,is it really worth the aggrivation???????????????? Buy the Lic,

Guest Trophymuskie

Hey totaly legal if she's not fishing but I would buy her a license and if you troll you can have that extra lure in the water.

I really like the idea of handing her the rod with a fish on, great way to get her interested.

Its almost scary how fast some of us will give up our rights in fear of the police state that we are becoming.

She can be in the boat as long as she has nothing to do with the fishing process, no netting, or steering the boat or anything like that. I haven't heard of the co's on the bay being that unreasonable.

I'm surprised nobody has suggested a new wife yet, you guys are getting slow.

I'm surprised nobody has suggested a new wife yet, you guys are getting slow.

A licence for her is much cheaper :whistling::whistling:

I always go through this question each year, my wife tells me she wont be fishing etc, catching rays etc. not too waste my money.. I get her one anyway. With kids on board there is always the time you are busy and she is helping a kid fish. Yea I know but explaining that to the co is not worth the hassel