I love my dog, great fishing partner and all round friend!

limeyangler

My Andy oh my Andy. Got him when he was only 6 weeks old. I had to drive from Milton to McHenery Il to get him. Turned out to be the worst snow storm of the winter but I am not known for giving up.

From the time I was 14 I always wanted a GSP but for a number of reasons it just didn't happen. By the time I was 35 I was finally in a position where I could get one and had the time to work with one.

I searched long and hard for the perfict partner and finally came across Sue. Ok, now I could round it off with the perfect dog which turned out to be Andy LOL.

Andy amazed everyone he ever met. He won his first field trial at 5 months and never looked back. CKC, AKC, NAVHDA, Canadian Show Champion that boy just won it all.

He was a champion from birth, son of Shooting Star Sharp Shooter & Grouse Vom Riverwoods, Katiebow's Andy! I wouldn't have cared if he never did anything but he did!

Oh I miss him so much, we spent so many wonderful hours together fishing, hunting, he didn't care just as long as we were together! When my time comes our ashes will be mixed together forever. Oh, BTW, Never did lock him in the trunk though.

Great memories eh Cliff. My neighbor Mr. Hummason trained retrievers right up until he passed. He had a number of champion pups over the years. He would fly them all over North America for hunting. What an interesting man Fred was. He had some stories.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

What great family member Simon!

My oldest girl is in the market for a pup, were having a hard time deciding. Id love a lab, she kinda sold on a german sheppard.

More then anything id like an elk hound? My boys grandma has two and they are the wickedest dogs ever

Alaskan or norwegian elk hound I think? Cant really remember?

Ive never seen a dog that will take down wolves to protect its property, drag it home them lay down with a young tot and fall asleep

Ive never seen a dog that will take down wolves to protect its property, drag it home them lay down with a young tot and fall asleep

my 45 lbs Siberian will gladly chase and fight a wolf... he's already been in one scrap.. Haven't seen the wolf since. Never seen a tougher dog, he seriously kicks butt and most large dogs seriously regret showing him any dominance! It's funny in one sense, but I don't want him hurting someone else's beloved pet.

my 45 lbs Siberian will gladly chase and fight a wolf... he's already been in one scrap.. Haven't seen the wolf since. Never seen a tougher dog, he seriously kicks butt and most large dogs seriously regret showing him any dominance! It's funny in one sense, but I don't want him hurting someone else's beloved pet.

We still have two huskys, our oldest just passed?

They are awesome dogs, but the two of them have totally different personalities. One is basically a loveable lap dog, very adventerous and funny. My bigger girl is great with wolves and coyotes. A true hunting and fishing dog. Catches abit of attitude at times bit very good dog.

There both good with kids and other dogs, but super protective at times with our property.

Simon, I hear you about the species stereotype. Land Shark!!!! She was constantly called a Pit Bull, I got tired of correcting people. She was the biggest suck in the world. She was beyond smart. That puppy would run and sit herself in front of the TV at exactly 5PM Monday to Friday, never Saturdays or Sundays. She would start crying until the 5PM episode of Wild Kingdom was on. She would watch the wildlife until a commercial was on then ask for a treat. If I put her outside when that show was on she would lose it until I let her in to watch her show. Man I miss her undying love. I never got another to replace her because she was unreplaceable, I have tried to do it but always backed down when push came to shove. She had a brindle coat and one black eye patch.

Easy to replace a wife, a dog not so much.

great pictures, looks like a good fishing partner!

dogs truly are an outdoorsman best friend, will never say no to a dayin the bush/water and never complains

Tucker and his first bird, let him have fun with it

IMG_1471.jpg

2 weeks after his first grouse, guarding his kill lol

IMG_1549.jpg

and in the boat, he's pretty good at sight fishing for big lazy pike in the spring...occasionally tries to retrieve fish I throw back

tucker%20fishing_zpswtuvnzdn.jpg

great pictures, looks like a good fishing partner!

dogs truly are an outdoorsman best friend, will never say no to a dayin the bush/water and never complains

Tucker and his first bird, let him have fun with it

IMG_1471.jpg

2 weeks after his first grouse, guarding his kill lol

IMG_1549.jpg

and in the boat, he's pretty good at sight fishing for big lazy pike in the spring...occasionally tries to retrieve fish I throw back

tucker%20fishing_zpswtuvnzdn.jpg

OK…THOSE ARE THE BEST PICS!!!!!

Thanks BFW!

toooooo cute.

and that pic of Tucker in your boat….lol….they could be twins, exactly what my pooch does.

Yeah, they are great companions. My German/Dutch shep mix Roxanna is a joy. We just finished wrestling and playing in the basement with her and the girls and I am smoked. She loves to go fishing with me and just hangs out in the boat. She is never too far away.