I hate to Break it too you, but Spring is coming.

irishfield

A few weeks back there was open water about 5 miles out here in Erie where the icebreaker (Griffon maybe?) made it's way from Nanticoke to the mouth of the Grand River. The only sign of spring around here is the Grand is 100% open. That cut 5 miles out has frozen over not long afterwards. I don't remember ice out here so late. Even with last years crazy amount of snow Erie was breaking up by now. According to my calendar it says Spring has been here for a few weeks.

Here's a good one. My next door neighbour is a snowbird. I picked her up at the Hamilton airport on the 15th of this month, she went down on the 15th of December. I talked to her the day before her return flight and suggested she might think about staying for a few more weeks at least. I got a call today from her asking if I might be able to drive her to the airport next Tuesday. She is going back to Fla until spring actually arrives. Why not, I sure would? M2B2 is saying they have had plus temps for a while now. As far as I know he lives within the Arctic watershed. When we left to go to the BassMasters fishing swap meet in Hamilton this AM the truck said it was -12C at 07:30, when will it ever end?

oh yeah

simcoe was a little safer then that today

You mean you didnt take the toon to the open waters off you know where and feed the geese? LOL

Thanks for the shots Wayne. very cool.

Edited by Brian B