Reasonably priced automotive locksmith service?

moxie

Ordered and waiting on 2 non-FOB Honda V-chipped keys to arrive by mail. Dealers are insane at $20/ea to cut and $60/ea to code them. Has anyone here dealt with or know of an automotive locksmith that is capable and offers more reasonable rates to perform this task.

Appreciate all responses.

280 when I lost my keys to my f150. 700 with the fobs.

I've got a 2013 F150 Lariat and when I bought it 2 years ago I got an extra spare key cut and I'm darned sure I only paid something like $45 but I sure could be wrong on that.

I guess they can charge whatever they want if they know you need the keys

The day after we moved into this house we accidently locked the door with all the keys inside so I had to go to a friends place and call a locksmith to come out. He was here in 30 minutes and charged me $115 to get us back inside which I didn't find bad at all considering the circumstances.

Edited by lew

Wow those prices to cut and code keys are cheap! You should see what VW/BMW/Mercedes charge, lol.

I hear ya Bill but thats part and parcel that comes with their stature in the Autosphere.

280 when I lost my keys to my f150. 700 with the fobs.

Added "1" spare key with FOB for our Accord a couple of years back and it cost $175+ at the dealer. Outrageous.

The day after we moved into this house we accidently locked the door with all the keys inside so I had to go to a friends place and call a locksmith to come out. He was here in 30 minutes and charged me $115 to get us back inside which I didn't find bad at all considering the circumstances.

Ran a roadside assist vehicle years back and I would be more than fair when people locked themselves out.

My favs were the AssHats that would agree to an already fair price and would balk once they saw the door open. Needless to say the keys would be tossed right back into the vehicle at which point they had two options. Accept the double billing or call someone else.

Lock keys in car call CAA

Lock keys in house (not a problem, digital door locks LOL)

Need new keys cut and coded pay the price!

CAA in place.

I always carry a spare in my work bag (always with me) it includes a house key front and back (garage )

In my last vehicle with normal keys I had a spare "under it' I could go under, 'find a pill container and inside was a spare key'

The pill container was upside down so when you popped the cap it came out.

All sealed up with electrical tape so no water or snow penetration.

Worked very well ( never used it until I left my car off for maintenance, he called me, I had to tell him where it was ) with those simple keys. I wouldn't do it with the new ones.

Sold the car with it and told the new owner about it, he liked it :)