Another Nip Trip

blaque

Welp, Im back from my week in Nippissing in the South Bay area. Alot of preperation payed off. The vehicles ran great, the boat performed flawlessly all week, got there without getting lost. Cant ask for much more than that lol.

As a bonus, we did well all week on the walleyes. We started out fishing the shallow weedy waters in teh 4-8 ft. range with deerhair jigs tipped with the worm, but couldnt find a fish for the first few hours in the morning........we decided to check some deeper waters and see if we could mark some fish. Walah. One of the first drops we found from 12ish into 25ish depths......we marked a bunch of fish. Most of them on the flat after the drop. We pretty much stayed on these fish with success for a morning or two trolling harnesses real slow before we tried to find some bigger fish. We found some bigger archs in a little deeper water, but they were scattered to say the least, and dont even know if they were eyes. We tried drifting some jigheads tipped....but came up empty on those bigger fish.

Soooo, back to our original spot, we got a few in the slot (17-19"). And continued to catch them fairly consistantly using bottom bouncers (3/4 oz.) and floating harnesses in an orange /chartruese/ w. black bead combo. Didnt have to switch it up from that all week as we thought it hit the spot for the eyes. Just for a change of pace we would drift some jigs because i do enjoy that style......but we were doing better covering more water with the electric. Had alot of perch nippin at the harnesses, but you could def. tell the bite and if ya wanted to, you could snatch it away from them. But we did end up gettin a couple good eater perch.

All in all, it was one of the best trips weve had in a while. Havent been up there in years, south bay is a beautiful area. Forgot just how big that lake is!!

Scenery Pics with Fish to follow:

Evergreens on rocks:

Nippissing122.jpg

Somebody is roughin it:

Nippissing066.jpg

Lockness Monster

Nippissing057.jpg

Lots of for sale signs:

Nippissing127.jpg

Another one "Roughin it":

Nippissing131.jpg

Must be nice:

Nippissing130.jpg

Sunset

Nippissing113.jpg

Black Fly Bast#$ds

Nippissing119.jpg

Hummer:

Nippissing108.jpg

Rockwall:

Nippissing049.jpg

Dragonfly:

Nippissing043.jpg

Fish Fry Prep:

Nippissing036.jpg

Fish Fry Fry:

Nippissing037.jpg

Fish Fry plated:

Nippissing038.jpg

Fish Fry Want Some:

Nippissing097.jpg

Fish Fry Tease lol:

Nippissing098.jpg

My Sensitive side:

Nippissing022.jpg

Gull ROCK:

Nippissing017.jpg

Sunset:

Nippissing015.jpg

Rocky Point:

Nippissing014.jpg

Rocky Point

Nippissing012.jpg

Sun Peaking out in the evening (Couldnt figure how to rotate for some reason)

Nippissing104.jpg

Enjoy, i know i did

Edited by Blaque

Heres some fishies

Wally

Nippissing106.jpg

Wally

Nippissing101.jpg

Wally

Nippissing100.jpg

Wally

Nippissing099.jpg

Gar Pike Spawning (bad glare)

Nippissing078.jpg

Gar Pike (glare ruined another)

Nippissing077.jpg

Same, trust me, they are there LOL!

Nippissing076.jpg

Juicy Perch (very pale)

Nippissing064.jpg

Another Slot Wally

Nippissing062.jpg

One of many Slot releases

Nippissing051.jpg

Another

Nippissing050.jpg

Strange mark on belly

Nippissing040.jpg

Mr. Toofers

Nippissing039.jpg

One on the Blue/grey color scale

Nippissing004.jpg

Back to Yellow

Nippissing003.jpg

One of my homemade rigs that did the trick all week

Nippissing117.jpg

Sammy the camp pooch, awesome dog

Nippissing129.jpg

Thanks to all the folks on here that helped me make this trip a great one!! Hats off.

Thanks Boys........I knew Id get ya with that forkfull of fish lol. I would also add that we did have 3 or 4 spots that were producing pretty well, it seemed as if you would go pick up some fish real quick, and they would shut down within an hour or so. Move to the next area, pick up some fish in the first hour (give or take) and have to find some more willing biters by taking a short boat ride. Saw two bigger fish caught also, one at camp that was "6 lbs" and "29 inches". Saw that one from a distance on the stringer. And I watched a guy net one casting stickbaits in shallower water out on the water that he shouted "7 lbs 29-1/2 inches" when i asked him how big. Very large fish in comparison to the majority of the fish I saw. Not as good on the taste buds though lol