LSC Weekend

LeXXington

Well it was the annual Work Boys weekend trip for some great fishing and jokes...

Every year we venture out on Lake St Clair for some fishing the main reason is when you get a fish you really never know what it is until it hits the surface.

Talk about hot! And no it was not the fishing, We arrived the first day to "ZERO" wind and super heat. Not the best conditions but we managed a few perch, a walleye and a Sheepshead.

From Friday to Sunday we would get on the water by 7am to a little breeze and good fishing. By 10am the wind died as did the fishing. We always stayed out for a couple of hours but the bites were far and few between. Then we jumped in the 80F water to cool off.

Lots of perch, bass, pike and rock bass.

At 5pm each day the wind kicked up as the storms blew around but never provided rain, Only got out one night for 2 hours before we got blown off the water

One kicker of the trip is some "JERK"!!!!!! Backed into my trailer while we were fishing and smashed my rear light, hit it hard enough to bend the steel completely around we tried to bend it back by hand but looks like it needs heat and a sledge hammer.

No note, no sorry! No message at the office check in. Ahhh next trip is LakeAir !!! So lots of time to fix it.

gallery_106_92_13222.jpg

gallery_106_92_30912.jpg

gallery_106_92_51291.jpg

Great stuff Paul!

It's unfortunate that some people think that's what bumpers are for. Hit something..change gears. Just be glad your boat wasn't on it at the time! That's always my fear...some day dreamer running into the back at an intersection.

Great report Paul, nice looking pickerel there.

There's always one jackdonkey out there at all times it seems eh. Sorry about your trailer. Karma will come back and bite him in the you know what!!!

Joey

Hot is not the word on Saturday... we washed muskie lures for 10 hours, covered probably 30 miles of water and nothing. We had trouble marking weeds let alone fish.

Sorry about the trailer...

I always cringe when I see a guy struggle to launch a boat and when he finally gets it into the water I know he's headed to park beside my truck.

-Brian

We were only in the Ontario waters, no too far out of the main drag.

Each day we just followed the pack of boats., 13' of water was the key in the heat.

We just putted along with worms and bang, There were a couple times you could not cast without the perchie stripping you clean then it would suddenly stop as something bigger moved it thats one of the times I hooked into my pike.

No muskie caught that I could see boy there were there

if you want more specifics pm me :) can't give all the lurkers the goods

We were only in the Ontario waters, no too far out of the main drag.

Each day we just followed the pack of boats., 13' of water was the key in the heat.

We just putted along with worms and bang, There were a couple times you could not cast without the perchie stripping you clean then it would suddenly stop as something bigger moved it thats one of the times I hooked into my pike.

No muskie caught that I could see boy there were there

if you want more specifics pm me :) can't give all the lurkers the goods

Thanks for the info. I mainly fish Michigan waters & only fish Ontario waters in the fall. I'll be out there this weekend hunting some musky.

Guest Johnny Bass

That really sucks!!! Last year I didn't go to one fishing trip without breaking something!!! Like it was said, it could have been a lot worse.