What goes in your ice hole

AKRISONER

Not through the ice, but this fall in the boat I'd just finished removing a hook from a walleye I was throwing back and threw my hook remover into the water instead of the fish.

Did the same thing with a DBL10 handlebarz bucktail this year...

Switched colors, meant to throw the one i just tied on into the water, instead i did it with the one i just took off.... :wallbash:

True story..

I was fishing a splake lake with Buick a coupla years back.. I had just picked up a new UL St-Croix ice stick and had set it up with a nice lively minner in the first hole.. Started jigging the second hole and I look back and the rod is off the holder, sitting on the ice.. I put my rod down, and proceed to walk over to the other rod.. About half way to the first hole, the rod kind of did a stand-up and went ploop, down the hole!!

After a few colourful remarks, I walk over to the second hole and start jigging again.. I feel a bite, set the hook and whatya know, I had hooked the bail of the reel of the new UL set-up with my tube! And as luck would have it... the fish was still on the line! I proceed to play the fish and managed to land a beauty splake!!

Pretty flukey, eh?! :tease:

Frig its next to impossible to replace your ids nowadays.

Sorry, you need two pieces of id to replace that id, D'OH!

When you get new ID to replace expired drivers licenses or health cards, place the old ones in your fire proof box, or whatever you keep important stuff in, and boom you at least have something! I always keep at least one set of expired ID for myself and my wife, along with old passports. It's been 20 years since I lost a piece of ID , but damn it I'm ready if I do. I haven't lost much down an ice hole, other than a couple steel scoops. I lost one cell phone steelheading , an FRS radio while duck hunting and one rod and reel combo while salmon fishing off a pier many years ago! Edited by porkpie

back to porkpie...............I keep important stuff in that special place where I can always find it.

If I can only remember where the heck that special place might be. It has to be BIG, judging by the amount of stuff I have stored there..........

Doug

When you get new ID to replace expired drivers licenses or health cards, place the old ones in your fire proof box, or whatever you keep important stuff in, and boom you at least have something! I always keep at least one set of expired ID for myself and my wife, along with old passports. It's been 20 years since I lost a piece of ID , but damn it I'm ready if I do. I haven't lost much down an ice hole, other than a couple steel scoops. I lost one cell phone steelheading , an FRS radio while duck hunting and one rod and reel combo while salmon fishing off a pier many years ago!

Hmmm, sounds good in theory. They usually dont take expired ids, at least around here.

Talk about rediculous.

I do keep a buncha stuff in my fireproof though

Edited by manitoubass2

Just picked the wrong spot to cross a crack is all. I was being careful and going slow on the rough ice. If I was going fast, I would have skipped right across. Sled went down and I jumped away from it. Ended up in the water up to my eyeballs. Pulled myself out, got picked up by someone who saw me and went home to change. Called the gang, and went to work immediately to get it out. I was wearing my mustang ice rider coat, and that helped to keep me up. Went in at 430pm and by 730, had it in the garage getting torn down. Had sled running that night.

image_zps6a7b707f.jpg

image_zps2d82b3b5.jpg

Cool you're ok and you got your sled out and running fine again. I like the story because there was trouble, no one hurt, then there was a solution and there was no involvement from the OPP or MNR. A rough day but probably a memorable one for you and your friends.

Edited by chris.brock