cooking thread...

1 minute ago, Spiel said:

Thanks Crowman, until this recipe I had never know of Shsishito Peppers but I like them now. ;)

Hmmmm, math was never my forte so lets try this, 60 hours divided by 24 (24 hours a day, yes  ;) ) = 2.5 days.
But yes, I think 5 days would have only enhanced the process given the beef cut I used.

Now my query, if a Deer gets into the nice garden box, can you harvest it.  :D

No...it's my math that's bad...but still a nice long soak. That's a lean cut so it needs some help.

Believe me, just another few months and Bambi is destined for the dinner plate..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CrowMan said:

No...it's my math that's bad...but still a nice long soak. That's a lean cut so it needs some help.

Believe me, just another few months and Bambi is destined for the dinner plate..

Mmmmm, Bambi.  :)

• Like 1

Just now, akaShag said:

looks like a perfect 30 yard bow shot!😉

I don't think it's more than 20 from the window...lol

I'll bide my time...but for now it's fun harassing them with the pellet rifle...didn't know they could jump that high...hehe

Nature's Bounty

A very productive morning out on the lake yesterday (Lake O). I kept one little bright Steelie for dinner and served it up Cedar planked with a side of fresh garden goodies from my fishing partner's garden. He provided the fresh Dill, the Jalapenos and the yellow Zucchini. A carb free dinner if you omit the brown bottle libations.  ;)

IMG_4878.JPG

Bow dinne 1.jpg

Bow dinne 2.jpg

21 minutes ago, akaShag said:

Once again, adding to my education, never heard of this before........looks delicious!

Made a trip south. Hit all my fav meat markets and a couple others.

Bought the Podhalanska sausage at Starskys on Dundas west.

image.png

• Like 2

On 7/29/2023 at 7:31 PM, akaShag said:

Once again, adding to my education, never heard of this before........looks delicious!

I googled it and the first two results were totally different recipes, I liked the one with lamb.

• Like 2

Donuts anyone?

These are ground beef onion ring bacon wrapped donuts. Indirect for 2 hours at 250,with apple chunks for smoke flavor. A few mini meat loafs for mama just encase she did not like the onion. Seems I could of saved the meat loafs,she liked. I used sweet onions. Fresh peppers and left over onions wrapped with just pepper and salt. No butter. Just melt in their own juices.  The donuts are a bit of work to form.  Stiill delish.

bacon donut.jpg

bacon 2.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, misfish said:

Donuts anyone?

These are ground beef onion ring bacon wrapped donuts. Indirect for 2 hours at 250,with apple chunks for smoke flavor. A few mini meat loafs for mama just encase she did not like the onion. Seems I could of saved the meat loafs,she liked. I used sweet onions. Fresh peppers and left over onions wrapped with just pepper and salt. No butter. Just melt in their own juices.  The donuts are a bit of work to form.  Stiill delish.

bacon donut.jpg

bacon 2.jpg

There has to be a word for awesome awesomeness, but I can't think of it right now.  WOW!!!!!!!!

Brian, you are my hero!

Doug

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, akaShag said:

There has to be a word for awesome awesomeness, but I can't think of it right now.  WOW!!!!!!!!

Brian, you are my hero!

Doug

Thanks Doug

If I do them again,I will do a step by step ,but you can google them. Like I said,bit of work,but delish. I think I might drizzle some maple syrup, instead of home made bbq sauce.

• Like 1

It's looks like a great day for smoking !

I've got a half brisket going since 6am in the Traeger...tuxedo/ Mustard rub and mesquite/cherry smoke.

Later I'm doing some Peri-Peri chickens in the wood burning oven.

Got 19 people over for a beach party this afternoon...tubing, wake boarding, and SeaDoos.

20230805_114922.jpg.83280e47522dd8a254a359d14211f6c9.jpg

20230805_115809.jpg.30dfa7ae56c680ac259722ca83fd5b7f.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, misfish said:

And done. Will be sandwiches later today. Nice smoke ring and moist. Sure shrank. 😆 🤣 

20230805_122850.jpg

20230805_122930.jpg

You got a nice bark on it...I'm always first in line for burnt ends..mmmm

I find smoking at 200f reduces the shrinkage. I also keep it spritzed every little while with a mixture of half apple juice/half apple cider.

13 minutes ago, CrowMan said:

You got a nice bark on it...I'm always first in line for burnt ends..mmmm

I find smoking at 200f reduces the shrinkage. I also keep it spritzed every little while with a mixture of half apple juice/half apple cider.

Thanks. There was enough fat top, but I will give it ago next time. I have seen some briskets here,but all whole and the price was not cheap. They will be out again here in a month . I may just have to bite the bullet and get a whole one. Vac pac one half. Not a big fan of smoking meat that has been froze. Different out come IMO. I am very happy though with the way this one turned out.

YES,The ends,da best.

Enjoy your weekend Crow. Enjoy.

14 minutes ago, misfish said:

Thanks. There was enough fat top, but I will give it ago next time. I have seen some briskets here,but all whole and the price was not cheap. They will be out again here in a month . I may just have to bite the bullet and get a whole one. Vac pac one half. Not a big fan of smoking meat that has been froze. Different out come IMO. I am very happy though with the way this one turned out.

YES,The ends,da best.

Enjoy your weekend Crow. Enjoy.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of smoking frozen meat either. I get mine from a little local butcher up here...a full brisket will run 18 to 20 lbs...that's a lot of meat and about a 20 hour smoke. If you get a half (most stores will cut them for you), I prefer the "point" half, as opposed to the "flat". The "point" has more fat and cooks up juicier when  you're doing a smaller one.

Happy August Long Weekend (or whatever they call it these days) !

• Like 1

Venison lasagna here tonight, no pics.  But we all know what lasagna looks like, right?

It was very good, even if I do say so myself!  😉

and oh yeah, fresh yellow beans from  the garden, very toothsome.

Doug

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...