cooking thread...

Rick can you please pm me your e-mail address? I can't do cut and paste here for my recipe.

Yes I am still using Internet Explorer.......................blah blah blah.

Anyways I could e-mail you the recipe and you are welcome to post it here.

Doug

Last night I cooked up some BC spot-tail prawns with primavera sauce on fusilli. The prawns were trapped off Campbell River BC and one of my best buddies brought them out with him when he visited earlier this summer. Steam them off in a rolling boil of salted water; Then the finished dish: Both photos taken surreptitiously when my wife wasn't watching..............could not sneak a picture of the plate, but you get the idea. GOOD eats! Doug

I'd have downed all of that happily on my own.... :)

Wonder what Arbys would charge for this????????????????????

Made up another dry rub roast yesterday for sandwiches, Easy put together salad Macaroni tuna salad,and a nice beef sandwich.

Fry up the onions,yella peppers then add in the BEEF and heat. This is my fav heat to cook with as it can be controlled.

arbeys%20not%20003_zpsvnaahdpt.jpg

arbeys%20not%20001_zpscqjktzex.jpg

Some shreaded old cheeder layered on top

arbeys%20not%20004_zpsy46ku3wu.jpg

Then topped on a bun and get some sunning from the broiler

arbeys%20not%20006_zpsteunf0mx.jpg

Then well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The begining of the end. Or is that the end of the end? LOL

arbeys%20not%20009_zpslkhugacx.jpg

Edited by Brian B

back to smitty, how was the smoke flavour? As we discussed, that would have been more smoke than I used.............

It looks amazing!

Doug

Doug it was excellent. Nice and moist with lots of flavour. I used 5 half pans, so not really much more than the 2 full pans you recommended. The smoke flavour was plenty strong, which I like, and both wifey and I were quite impressed. I also smoke bread crumbs and salt as I do like my smoke taste for sure. The only barbecue sauce I buy is the Ride for Dad sauce, Iron Arse, Frozen Arse and Soggy Arse, which is thick and sweet, with a quite strong smoke flavour. Highly recommended if you've never tried it. I stock up every summer.

Cheers

Your waiting and Im done eating.LOL

Blade steaks were marked down. Grabbed one for tonights dinner. I dont big meals during the week, but for 7 bucks and having time to do, I made it happen. Potatoe salad, ceasers salad and beef.

It wasnt as red as it looks or it would of been back on. Cooked 3 hours @ 275.

005_zps1iz0vp6b.jpg

006_zpsby1hkos5.jpg

007_zpsebh34cto.jpg

Took a short trip yesterday morning to a friends in the near country. Came home with a pile of assorted peppers, roma tomatoes, spanish onions, vidella onions and way to much corn on the cob. More than I can consume in the time it would take them to spoil so I made a sweet pepper chutney with onion and tomato (sorry no pictures). A big jar of pickled peppers and currently on the BBQ stuffed peppers. Oh and I blanched some cobs (not all) and froze them for future use.

12002818_1524182267842502_26734642343100

12038069_1524182264509169_49965141359979

12036748_1524182284509167_76121928226396

That jar looks yum yum. You got to get away from the green and go red . Much less tart tasting. Try it, you will taste the difference.

I've never made any of the above in my life Brian, I just new I didn't want a gift to go to waste so I did what I could.

I will however keep your suggestion in mind. ;)

Spiel, m2...... Both look great! Last night supper consisted of Cajun hickory smoked pork chops, I sliced a green pepper in half and filled it with fresh corn and butter, as well as chili baked potatoes.......

Was some good!!!! Didn't think to take pics as it was a busy day......

I will be making those hickory smoked chops again! And soon!!!

G

back to smitty about arse sauce, where do you get that stuff? :whistling:

Doug

Doug I have a friend in Almonte who is associated with them and she ordered me some up from the warehouse in Ottawa this year. Some years the ride comes through Almonte as well and the local Home hardware stocks it. It's made in southern Ontario and like I said it's excellent stuff, a bit pricey at $6, but it's for a good cause. It's on their website by the case. I would contact them and see if they could point you in the right direction, hopefully close to Kingston. http://ride-for-dad.myshopify.com/collections/miscellaneous/products/iron-arse-bbq-sauce?variant=967360848

Cheers

Dat der is some mighty fine brush stroking there Rick . Roasted chicken worthy. :good:

I am just getting "r" going here. Finaly some ribs worthy or a good dry rub.(it,s been a DRY spell, for ribs here :whistling::tease: ) I got a few sides to get going at the same time. All gets done at the same time, thats the plan anyways. Just hope Dale Jr dosent get me side tracked on the first of the elimanations. Getten r done here in Barrie. :D

Edited by Brian B

A softball size BBQ'd green pepper stuffed with rice, beef and stewed tomatoes with a runny yolk egg dropped on top.

Side of (more) pasta salad and fresh picked corn on the cob. Oh my!

12009669_1524200931173969_92688237478238

Im getting into the egg thing these dave Chris. Amazing the added flavor it adds. I have done burgers with nothing but some onions and an egg. Fantastic.

Im not a peaches and cream corn guy. I like the old fashion yella corn. SWEET .

I have a nice place close to here that grows organic. It,s just sweet sweet corn. :canadian: