cooking thread...

Spiel, Brian just gave me an idea! that bacon wrap looked so good My next rod, make it a bacon wrap handle and guides. :whistling::D

Darn Homers are talented.

That handle would make for a great shore lunch Dave.LOL

Time to WRAP it up. My goodness. This was a tasty dinner.The dried fruit and nuts really added to the poultry.

The mrs,s even made a comment that made me sit back and think. Your nuts. Never thought I would have a quick response , but it came to me quick. No dear not mine, but the night is still young.Whom I kidding.LOL

Here is the end result,

turkey%20wrap%20008_zpsax34ezi7.jpg

turkey%20wrap%20010_zpswadiunqf.jpg

Brian you are back to kicking it up a notch, good for you , you cant put a great man down, impossible

Dang that looks great, loved the video, I have watched it 3 times and i think i am getting the hang of it LOL, my wife got it the first time , no more toothpicks :whistling: , my wife thinks you have the charisma to be on the the food network and take out chef at home and cooking with Stephanoe, long awaited video but truly appreciated, your still in our thoughts and prayers

john

Brian wow!!!!!!!!!! you do pretty well in front of a camera. My wife said while watching your video "Look out Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, Look out In The Kitchen With Stefano, look out Chef Michael, here comes COOKING WITH BRIAN."...........she expects your show to air starting next Monday :whistling:

Looks amazing, thanks again for showing the bacon weave , she got it the first time, after 4 reruns I think I got it lol

Thanks for sharing

John

Brian wow!!!!!!!!!! you do pretty well in front of a camera. My wife said while watching your video "Look out Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, Look out In The Kitchen With Stefano, look out Chef Michael, here comes COOKING WITH BRIAN."...........she expects your show to air starting next Monday :whistling:

Looks amazing, thanks again for showing the bacon weave , she got it the first time, after 4 reruns I think I got it lol

Thanks for sharing

John

Sorry for double post , the first did not come up on screen :tease:

I have been away a LOT lately, back home now and catching up...........

Brian, THANKS for that video! The saran wrap is a great idea, a lot better than aluminum foil which I have used to make a rolled meatloaf.

THANKS for taking the time to do that!

Doug

I decided to break away from the main course cooking and try something new. I figured, hey I love pie so...

Strawberry rhubarb

IMG_20150726_003201.jpg

And an Apple for the OFC family

IMG_20150726_003209.jpg

LOL can't let the pastry go to waste!

You killed me with this one. Haven't made a single pie since the kids moved out....the youngest 3 years ago. Strawberry Rhubarb has always been my favourite pie and jam for that matter. And nice work on the OFC apple pie. Thx for sharing with us.

You killed me with this one. Haven't made a single pie since the kids moved out....the youngest 3 years ago. Strawberry Rhubarb has always been my favourite pie and jam for that matter. And nice work on the OFC apple pie. Thx for sharing with us.

Too bad you weren't closer, I'd share it with you. 3 years is too long to go without strawberry rhubarb.

Guys, here's something to try with nice firm portebella caps on the Bar-B. Alternate pieces of cold butter and blue cheese around it. Fresh garlic is a bonus... Spice as desired and 15-20 minutes over indirect heat. So long as you like blue cheese these are great with a steak or seafood.

Cheers

Guys, here's something to try with nice firm portebella caps on the Bar-B. Alternate pieces of cold butter and blue cheese around it. Fresh garlic is a bonus... Spice as desired and 15-20 minutes over indirect heat. So long as you like blue cheese these are great with a steak or seafood.

Cheers

Sounds amazing smitty, might try it this weekend, but having never tried them do they have an aerthy taste, are they strong , mild etc

Sounds amazing smitty, might try it this weekend, but having never tried them do they have an aerthy taste, are they strong , mild etc

I don't find them strong at all, but compared to the white ones they have much more flavour and a more dense, meatier texture. They are after all, just a larger, more mature cremini.

Cheers

WENDYS, A&W, HERO , BURGER KING

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I,ll stick to my own thank you VERY much.

Great deal on some ground beef today.

meat 003.JPG

It took like 15 minutes to combine the mix for a great home made bbq burger.

There was some cold cuts left from yesterday and thought, oh ya, toppings for burger time. Smoked turkey and kalbasa loaf. Throw on the bbq to get a bit of char, and well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

WENDYS, A&W, HERO BURGER, BURGER KING

No thanks. LOL

meat 008.JPG

Total cost est. for both of us tonight to eat,,,,,,,,

$4.

Thats ,two can dine for $4. :D not for $14.99 :lol:

meat 012.JPG

Last nights feast. Farm fresh eggs from Virginia (thanks to the Plumma brothers), BBQ venison sausage with sauteed onions and green peppers, salad and garlic toast. Even had a glass of Chardonnay (thanks Daplumma). YUM!

ta0LrCR.jpg