Minivan feedback please

mike rousseau

It's funny, because some folks love the look and other, not so much! LOL

I'd suggest, if you can, take one out for a drive... I bet you'll change your mind!

HH

PS... I know you're a big guy. I'm 6'3 and about 235 and I have nothing but room not only in the drivers seat, but the second row as well. Can't say I've sat in the third row, but the kids love it back there! Tons of head space that I found lacking in other vehicles.

That is super important to me.. That's why I have a ford pickup instead of Chevy... Better feel for a big man... I'm 6'4" 280....

I think the Chrysler vans are the only ones were both the 2nd and 3rd row seats fold down into the floor. The 3rd row folds down in most other brands but the 2nd row would have to be removed and stored if you want use the cargo space. That would be a big selling point for me.

My dad drove Chrysler minivans from about 1986 to about 2012. He never had any major issues.

As you said Mike, all manufacturers have their pros and cons ... people who love them and people who hate them.

At the end of the day, it's a vehicle ... which means it will only depreciate and lose value. Unless you can think of a legitimate reason to do otherwise, spend the least you can get away with, and save your cash for things that will actually hold their value or appreciate.

As you said Mike, all manufacturers have their pros and cons ... people who love them and people who hate them.

At the end of the day, it's a vehicle ... which means it will only depreciate and lose value. Unless you can think of a legitimate reason to do otherwise, spend the least you can get away with, and save your cash for things that will actually hold their value or appreciate.

good advice there.

That's why I'm leaning towards the base model dodge caravan for $20,000 brand new...

But the wife wants a few options...

And I can't blame her cause she is responsible for the kids 6/7 days of the week... Nor can I argue with MY boat parked in the driveway...lol

Hopefully we can get the base with a couple extras thrown in or something...

We are checking ford Chevy and dodge this weekend...

Edited by Mike Rousseau

I own a 2004 Volvo xc90, and it has been great. Nothing different as far as maintenance than others, and gas mileage is similar to a minivan. If you find a trustworthy mechanic who specializes in Volvos, or can do the work yourself, then they are not at all expensive. I have worked on many cars, and they are by far the easiest to work on.

they are uncomparable in the snow, seat 7, and they can tow quite a bit and plenty of cargo space.

If you would like to look at them, then I would strongly suggest a 2006 xc90 2.5t with lower mileage. Stay away from any T6 models. You will never have to worry about having a rusted car, as they don't rust.

Out of the rest of the bunch, I would suggest the Ford Flex. I think they are pretty roomy, and gotta love the styling.

Edited by huzzsaba

it may be nice to some and ugly to others. Personally I like the styling of the Ford Flex (I guess I like the boxy style since I'm a Volvo guy lol) and the fact that it has quite lot of trunk space compared to other crossovers. For sure you cannot beat cargo space and roominess of the traverse or Acadia. if I was in the market for one of those, I would go straight for the Enclave.

Edited by huzzsaba

We had a 2002 caravan for years problem free. Lasted till 320k. Stated to rust out pretty good and was having a hard time starting.

We did lots of research on various minivans and decided on a 2007 Toyota Sienna. It drove great for about a year and then we blew the tranny

$3800 later. The van has been great. In hindsight we should have gone with the caravan again. Good luck with your search

Thanks again guys...

Took a 2015 caravan out and my wife fell in love....

Looks like the descision is made... Lol

And turns out now that my company was purchased by walmart... And I now work for part of walmart... I get some kind of special deal... I haven't talked to the dealer to see what the special deal is yet... Maybe discount... Maybe free add ons... BONUS!

Thanks again guys...

Took a 2015 caravan out and my wife fell in love....

Looks like the descision is made... Lol

And turns out now that my company was purchased by walmart... And I now work for part of walmart... I get some kind of special deal... I haven't talked to the dealer to see what the special deal is yet... Maybe discount... Maybe free add ons... BONUS!

There is a long list of companies that get special discounts...you will basically get preferred invoice price and dont forget you still get what current factory incentives are on as well, essentially you get the vehicle at a little above cost.

You have to get a control number and fill out some paperwork someone in your company should know about this.