2015 OFC Tournament!

Fisherpete

Hello all OFC members!

I have been allowed the privilege of running the 2015 OFC Tournament - and it is my goal to make this edition the most competitive and fun one yet! A big thanks to Christopher K who did a great job running the 2014 edition. It's not an easy job - as I am already finding out!

To those who don't know what the tournament is all about - well it's free, it's fun and it gives you a chance to brag about your great catches even more by helping your team become the next champion! Read all about the tournament here.

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showforum=44

The link is on the OFC home page. Please take a moment to look over the rules and feel free to PM me any questions!

Oh yeah - it just so happens that my 2014 Team, Team 5 aka Team Five-Zero - are the 2014 Champions! To see all the 2014 final results, click here:

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77229

Who dares challenge our dominance??? Bring it on!

Sign up below and get in on a great time. I have some great ideas and additions for the 2015 Tournament... stay tuned!

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77221

2014 Team Captains - if you would like to return as a captain, please PM me!

Thanks

Pete

Sign-ups have been good... captains are in place... I'm thinking we can get this party started early! The weather is looking favourable this week to making ice too!

I'll post up the team lists later today, we still need lots more people to completely fill out the teams! Encourage your OFC friends to join and make it a fun competition bvetween yourselves! The more the merrier (until we have 100 people).

Get your tournament signs ready! Print it off, write it by hand, get a tattoo on your forehead... but whatever you do, don't forget to bring it with you on all fishing trips, because the time you forget it will be the time you land a giant!

***NEW START DATE FOR 2015 TOURNEY WILL BE JANUARY 10th, 2015***

• 2 weeks later...

The entries are rolling in and this thing is getting competitive...

It's not too late to join a team and showcase your fishing skills! We are still looking for 16 more team members to completely fill out the teams, Just send me a PM or sign up here:

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77221

Pete

• 3 months later...

Leaderboard has been updated - lots of great entries this round. Big trout, cats and the first carp entry.

It's not too late to join - still looking to fill the team rosters! Just send me a PM and I'll add you to a team!

Pete

May 6th Leaderboard update!

Team 2 upgrades with a 31” GL trout

Team 3 upgrades their NGL trout with a 28.25", upgrades their GL trout with a 28" and opens the carp category with a 31.125”

Team 6 adds a 28.25" GL trout and 32.25" catfish

Standings:

1st - Team 5 @ 187.25"

2nd - Team 1 @ 167.90"

3rd - Team 6 @ 164.25"

4th - Team 2 @ 145.75"

5th - Team 3 @ 110.88"

6th - Team 4 @ 73.00"

Beautiful weather is here - get out there this weekend and catch some big fish!

2015%20leaderboard_zps5gs3f2jq.jpg

• 1 month later...

June 11th Leaderboard update! The warm weather has led to some hot fishing, and plenty of entries! With muskies now open, Lake O salmon starting to heat up and bass opener in a few weeks – it’s showtime! We still need a few more members on all teams except team 4 – recruit your fishing buddies to join OFC and your team!

Team One – Nothing to report.

Team Two – catfish upgrade (12.5”), added a carp (21.7”) and a category leading salmon (33.4”)

Team Three – added a beauty 25” walleye!

Team Four – added a nice 25” carp and 10.25” brown bullhead catfish!

Team Five – opens the bass category (Northern Ontario – they are open there) with a solid 19” smallie, upgrades their pike with a nice 37.5”, upgrades their walleye with a beautiful 28.5” and opens the muskie category with a 35”!

Team Six – upgrades their carp with a good 34” fish!

Standings

1st – Team Five @ 287.50”

2nd – Team Six @ 222.50”

3rd – Team Two @ 202.35”

4th – Team One @ 201.50”

5th – Team Three @ 139.00”

6th – Team Four @ 129.25”

2015%20leaderboard_zpsyvnyfp1p.jpg

Edited by Fisherpete

• 1 month later...

August 5th Leaderboard update! Sorry for the long delay folks, been a busy guy recently. Some great entries caught in the past weeks - here they are!

Team 1 - adds a tourney leading 21" bass and upgrades their NGL trout with a 33.5"!

Team 2 - adds a 19" bass!

Team 3 - adds a 17.5" bass and a 31" muskie!

Team 4 - Gallie continues to roll with a 23.75" walleye upgrade, a 29.5" carp upgrade and adds a tourney leading 38" salmon!

Team 5 - upgrades their bass with a 20.25", upgrades their walleye with a 29.5", upgrades their muskie with a 45", upgrades their pike with a tourney leading 41" and upgrades their salmon with a 35"!

Team 6 - Manjo39 is still hot - upgrading their walleye with a 24.5" and adds a 19" bass!

2015%20leaderboard_zps4ym1ytfh.jpg

• 3 months later...

November 13th Tournament update! Well with just over a month left in the tournament, the entries have slowed down... but some very big fish have been caught since the last update! There's still time... get out there (be safe) and bag a giant!

Team 1 - Brian B bass upgrade with a huge 23” smallmouth! New category leader!

Team 2 - Akrisoner caught a beauty 45.75" muskie and a 24" walleye!

Team 3 - Sleepjigging bags an excellent 38” salmon!

Team 4 - Gallie adds a monster 48” muskie! New category leader!

Team 5 - Fisherpete upgrades with a 47.25” muskie and Lunkerhunter completes Team 5's final category with a 25” GL rainbow trout!

Team 6 - Nothing to report this time :(

Leaderboard

1st place - Team 5 @ 343.5"

2nd place - Team 6 @ 292"

3rd place - Team 2 @ 277.10"

4th place - Team 1 @ 265"

5th place - Team 4 @ 258.75"

6th place - Team 3 @ 227.5"

2015%20leaderboard_zpswgiscypm.jpg[/uR