Oil/Gas price.

limeyangler

Because it's winter and the demand is high for home heating oil (which is diesel)

If this happened in June/July, diesel would be lower then the price of regular right now.

I don't think so. Diesel fuel in the states has dropped by 70 cents while gas has dropped there by about 80-90 cents.

These low gas prices will continue for some time into the future as long as the Arabs are trying to break the Americans from using fracking methods of obtaining oil. I don't see anything in the future that will be changing this. ENJOY the drop in oil / gas prices and it will continue throughout this year or more.

I don't think so. Diesel fuel in the states has dropped by 70 cents while gas has dropped there by about 80-90 cents.

So you're saying diesel is still more expensive in the winter then gas is in the US? Thanks for proving my point.

Diesel is always cheaper in the summer time compared to regular. If you owned a diesel vehicle, you'd realize this.

Edited by BillM

So you're saying diesel is still more expensive in the winter then gas is in the US? Thanks for proving my point.

Diesel is always cheaper in the summer time compared to regular. If you owned a diesel vehicle, you'd realize this.

In the US diesel is ALWAYS more expensive.......that was my point.

In the US diesel is ALWAYS more expensive.......that was my point.

Who's talking about the price of US diesel? What country do we live in?

So you're agreeing with me that diesel, in Canada, in the summertime is usually less then regular? I wanna make sure we're on the same page here (And referring to the same country)

The price of diesel in the US doesn't impact me, the price here does.

Edited by BillM

Gas 2.45 a gallon and Diesel always 70-85 cents a gallon more. The split last year was only 40 cents. The funny thing is all of my oil stocks are showing a profit and dividends are averaging 3 to 4 % whoo hoooo. So if you use 10 thousand dollars of fuel and you own 40 thousand dollars of their stock you will be getting fuel at a discount of 16 percent. With the banks paying one fishing lure per 10 years guess which one is better.

Disclaimer This is not advise on how to grow your future what worked for me might be bad for you.

Art

Sorry but I'm 100% right.......Diesel fuel in the states have been on average 40-50 cents more ALL YEAR LONG.

Again, why are you referring to the US when I'm clearing talking about prices in Canada? If diesel is more expensive in the US all year then great, but why would you think I care?

Edited by BillM

Diesel here is always higher than regular unleaded gas no matter what time of year.

Since the freefall started regular unleaded gas has dropped $1.70 a gallon, diesel on the other hand has dropped 50 to 60 cents a gallon.

It's been good on the wallet lately, maybe not so much for people invested in energy funds.

Diesel here is always higher than regular unleaded gas no matter what time of year.

Since the freefall started regular unleaded gas has dropped $1.70 a gallon, diesel on the other hand has dropped 50 to 60 cents a gallon.

It's been good on the wallet lately, maybe not so much for people invested in energy funds.

..............and you guys are still paying way less then us :) It will go back up, now is the time to get your energy stocks at a nice discount.

BillM you are correct.

The past two years gas has been about the same price when we've made our annual trek to NWO at the end of May. Two years ago I bought a half tank of gas in the Vermilion Bay area for my truck and it cost me $92, our money was par with yours.

I just filled up on Monday on my way to work, had about a 1/4 of a tank or so left, filled up at todays prices was $50.00 total. :clapping:

When I first started driving tractor trailers some of them had gas engines, at least short haul local pick up and delivery ones, and almost all straight trucks had gas engines. That picture has changed dramatically, even UPS's little brown delivery trucks are diesel powered.

Diesel gets better mileage, so you pay more for it?