trying to decide between 2 huts

GBW

So now that my kids have asked for all new ice fishing gear this year and really want to get out I know I need a new pop up hut. Shopping online I see a good deal at Costco for a Fish Inn 4-6 person ($300). I also like the Clam Big Foot XL2000 ($330 at Sail) because it's has less sides to pop open. But it is smaller on the inside. If I can get my hands on any others of this quality and size for less I'm open. Feedback please, thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Bring lots of pegs and rope for tying out the sides...

I had that hut and the wind picked up one day... One of the walls "popped" back in and the hub hit my buddy between the eyes... Nearly knocked him out...

He had to hold the walls out by hand until the storm passed...

A little parachute cord and a few extra pegs were a life saver...

Bring lots of pegs and rope for tying out the sides...

I had that hut and the wind picked up one day... One of the walls "popped" back in and the hub hit my buddy between the eyes... Nearly knocked him out...

He had to hold the walls out by hand until the storm passed...

A little parachute cord and a few extra pegs were a life saver...

Another reason I really like flip over huts.

I don't know what the quality of Costco's Fish Inn hut is, but if you want one that you can return unconditionally then that's probably the place to go! lmao I have seen some people bring back some crazy stuff when I worked there, overcooked steak without any sort of seasoning, one piece of apple pie, worn out shoes... all taken back for at least partial discounts lol
but Sail is really good as well so maybe this is just a moot point... sorry! lol

It's all good all. I know what a pop up is like in the wind considering a had a 'hybrid' of that with a Clam 2000 (hard base fold up) and have had that move like a kite and I have used other pop up's a bunch of times in the recent past with others. When the ice is thick enough and the Ram and I can get out that's the primary anchor and wind block for the XL2000. My initial question was for cost, ease of use and quality. The XL2000 is exactly what I was after from a quality, price and weight (if needed to carry or drag in a sled) point of view. The best part of the transaction was when I walked into Sail and said "Hey Jackie" and he said "Hey Geoff great to see you again". That's customer service on top of a great product and a great deal...

Edited by GBW