Job/life update

Bernie

It's been close to two months that I undertook the new job at the De Beers Victor Mine near Attawapiskat.

So far it has been great and I expect it will continue to stay that way.

The shop is clean and so far, comfortable warm. The food and accommodations are quite good. But most of all the folks I work with have been very helpful, kind and fun.

The work is still mechanical but interesting as it is different in many instances, definitely larger.

Good to have new challenges, it keeps your mind refreshed.

O yes, two months smoke free. Don't think I have gained any weight either. :D

Heading in a couple days early this time around. Get to meet a few of the guys on the other rotation.

I did get to see the Attiwapiskat River. Really quite beautiful in comparison to the surrounding marsh lowland.
Not allowed to fish it when at camp though. I'd sure love to try it. I just may get the chance to run a boat on it though.

Edited by Bernie

It's been close to two months that I undertook the new job at the De Beers Victor Mine near Attawapiskat.

So far it has been great and I expect it will continue to stay that way.

The shop is clean and so far, comfortable warm. The food and accommodations are quite good. But most of all the folks I work with have been very helpful, kind and fun.

The work is still mechanical but interesting as it is different in many instances, definitely larger.

Good to have new challenges, it keeps your mind refreshed.

O yes, two months smoke free. Don't think I have gained any weight either. :D

Heading in a couple days early this time around. Get to meet a few of the guys on the other rotation.

I did get to see the Attiwapiskat River. Really quite beautiful in comparison to the surrounding marsh lowland.

Not allowed to fish it when at camp though. I'd sure love to try it. I just may get the chance to run a boat on it though.

Dry Reserve did much the same Bernie when I was 24 Bernie. Quit booze and smokes both when stepping off the plane. Did put on some weight though... quick.

Flying through Timmins tomorrow morning on my way up too. Meet ya there maybe?