Cup Game

holdfast

Good Game. But I couldn't find Capt Alfredsson. Then I seen him as quick as he got the puck , he was quicker getting rid of it. The Refs actually allowed some old time hockey to be played. Few penalties, not at least any late ones. Allowed some hitting. I actually enjoyed the Ducks man handle the sensitive Sens. By the way, what happened to the last hockey thread. I bet you somebody felt offended and of course our hero administrators probably got rid of it. Geeze, cant even talk about hockey.

nope you can't....people get brutal with hockey threads, especially when you get on them when there team is losing. It's gonna be hard for the ducks to win in Ottawa, they may take 1 game but not both. The game tonight was awsome....2 games straight they shut the Sens down! Very fast paced and hard hitting. I decided to not start another thread on it but I am happy my team won again!

Edited by charlied

Ottawa media moaning about last night's game....

Moaning about officiating

Moaning about Corey Perry

And of all things... the national anthem. According to these clowns the Canadian anthem was sung "with anger" by Holly Cole (Canadian). They even chose to comment on the American anthem singer having "visited the buffet" before taking the microphone.

No mention of the Sen's top players playing hide and go seek and taking stupid penelties. If it wasn't for Emery it could have been 5-0

:blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

By the way, what happened to the last hockey thread. I bet you somebody felt offended and of course our hero administrators probably got rid of it. Geeze, cant even talk about hockey.

The thread was pulled because of personal flaming. Flaming is not tolerated on this board...I guess you didn't get the memo. And please, try not to be so sensitive.

Dateline: Anaheim California

A missing person's bulletin has been issued for three visitors holding Canadian passports, Daniela Alfredson, Jason Spezza and Danny Heatley were last seen at the pre game skate but once the puck dropped were no where to be seen. Anyone with any information concerning these people should contact the authorities.

At least your goalie showed up.

Update: Alfredson has been found in a fetal position covering his head and shouting," We got further than last year, what do you guys want from me ?

QUOTE(holdfast @ May 31 2007, 01:24 AM)

By the way, what happened to the last hockey thread. I bet you somebody felt offended and of course our hero administrators probably got rid of it. Geeze, cant even talk about hockey.

The thread was pulled because of personal flaming. Flaming is not tolerated on this board...I guess you didn't get the memo. And please, try not to be so sensitive.

Spoken like a true Habs fan. LOLOLOLOLOL Morning Roy :Gonefishing:

Good one tcp. :thumbsup_anim: .

Personal Flaming, all I said was that I predicted that Capt Alfredsson would disappear if there was any hitting and I would puke if he held the cup. He would be the 1st non North American to hold the puck. I also said that you wouldn't see him unless the Refs call a Bettman hocky game. A game that has about 15 or more penalties and not one Major. Let the Rivalry continue. Not sorry for offending anybody. I love hockey the way it used to be

Dateline: Anaheim California

A missing person's bulletin has been issued for three visitors holding Canadian passports, Daniela Alfredson, Jason Spezza and Danny Heatley were last seen at the pre game skate but once the puck dropped were no where to be seen. Anyone with any information concerning these people should contact the authorities.

At least your goalie showed up.

Update: Alfredson has been found in a fetal position covering his head and shouting," We got further than last year, what do you guys want from me ?

:clapping:

The handcuffed look on Alfie's face as Sammy skated right past him to score the winning goal was priceless.

At home or not, pure domination seems to be the theme of this final series, and you can't argue that for a second.

Tony

My take so far on the SC Final....

Pretty simple.....The Sens are getting beat by a better team. It doesnt even pain me to say that. They have not faced a team as big and as physical as the Ducks in the PO's. Although the Pens, Devils and Sabres are all really excellent teams, with different dynamics, IMO none of them are even close to the Ducks in the phyiscality department. I tip my hat to the Ducks, for playing the type of in your face physical game that wins PO games. You can almost descibe them, as having 4 or 5 young Gary Robert's on their team. If the Sens hope to have any chance, they need to win both games in Ottawa. IMO that will be a pretty tall order, but certainly not impossble.

As the saying goes...you're never really in trouble until you lose at home. The Sens bandwagon is getting less crowded, but not everyone has jumped off just yet. A game 3 lose and you will here a steady thumping sound coming from Ottawa and we all know what the sound will be.

To all those Leafs fans who are now, no doubt gloating about the Sens being down 2-0 and to charlied who is our lone "real" Ducks fan.....gloat away, it's all in good fun. No sensitive Sens fan here. ;)

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

Guest mistyriver1
My take so far on the SC Final....

Pretty simple.....The Sens are getting beat by a better team. It doesnt even pain me to say that. They have not faced a team as big and as physical as the Ducks in the PO's. Although the Pens, Devils and Sabres are all really excellent teams, with different dynamics, IMO none of them are even close to the Ducks in the phyiscality department. I tip my hat to the Ducks, for playing the type of in your face physical game that wins PO games. You can almost descibe them, as having 4 or 5 young Gary Robert's on their team. If the Sens hope to have any chance, they need to win both games in Ottawa. IMO that will be a pretty tall order, but certainly not impossble.

As the saying goes...you're never really in trouble until you lose at home. The Sens bandwagon is getting less crowded, but not everyone has jumped off just yet. A game 3 lose and you will here a steady thumping sound coming from Ottawa and we all know what the sound will be.

To all those Leafs fans who are now, no doubt gloating about the Sens being down 2-0 and to charlied who is our lone "real" Ducks fan.....gloat away, it's all in good fun. No sensitive Sens fan here. ;)

FOTB

FOTB, well said. At least you're a true fan of your team and haven't jumped off the bandwagon. I think you're right, at this point, they are getting beat by a better team.

If it wasn't for Emery, last night wouldn't have been close.

I am stuck, I am a fan of most Canadian teams. Flames and Habs are not on that list.

I would like to see the cup go to a team North of the border. You know, Canadian pride thing. BUT that would mean Alfredson gets to hoist that cup.

After last nights performance, it appears he and the rest of the foriegners are back to their old ways of playing for a pay cheque and not for the love of the game. Funny thing is, they don't get a pay cheque in the playoffs, or am I wrong? So now I think I would rather root for the ducks. 'Salami' put in his time in the league playing a good stand up game. I think I would feel better about seeing him hoist lord Stanleys Holy Grail. + as mentioned before, more canadian content on the ducks.

I just may say screw it and just watch the game and root for no one. I can only hope that 2 teams show up to play hockey for the remainder of this series. Last night was a totally one sided affair.

also in regards to the "flaming"

it's quite simple. you (ottawa sens(itive) fans) don't like us (tml fans) and we don't like you i like it that way. it's nothing personal. in fact, a little rivalry is great and makes our hockey world go round. personal attacks are another thing but i see nothing wrong with being hometown proud and exchanging jabs.

Edited by Raf

hey FOTB, isn't that exactly what I said yesterday which you disputed? ;):D

who me? No, i'm an :angel: ..... ;) It's all good. I woke up this morning and decided to turn over a new leaf.

Did i just say Leaf? Of my god....what is happening to me?

FOTB

Sens are being beaten right now by "1" team that's playing better, and in the end could be better.

It's "a" difficult pill for me to swallow, but at least it only about "1/16th" the dose as that of what it must have been for another Ontario team to have to self administer some time back in March when they awoke to their own sick reality. :whistling: