5LB Propane Tanks

gaspumper

Supply & demand - 5lb have always been comparatively MORE than 20lb - they make & sell a gazillion times more 20 lb than they do 5lb. That's IF you can find them, not a whole lot of availability which is why many people refill the 1lb ones - and that's a whole other discussion that's been hashed out many times.

Michael

which is why many people refill the 1lb ones - and that's a whole other discussion that's been hashed out many times.

And I for one,will not try this practice. Power to those that do and have luck with it.

Cabelas has thier green bottles on for $4.23 each. I still have 6 from last year when wally world had 3 for $10.

Edited by Brian B

You drag around a 20 pounder all winter Davey.LOL

Thanks for the heads up.

I,ll be checking my local store and see if they can bring them in.

I think you missed the point Brian,who would ever carry a 20lb'r unless they have the means to.I use a coleman stove to heat and cook on the ice.Light and fits wellm in the bottom of the sleigh

I don't nor ever have used 5lb tanks. But I can buy a 20lb tank and fill it for $42. so how come 5 pounders are so expensive?

I think you missed the point Brian,who would ever carry a 20lb'r unless they have the means to.I use a coleman stove to heat and cook on the ice.Light and fits wellm in the bottom of the sleigh

Heres my thinking.

I would sooner pay that high price,yes as outrages as it may be, and have no answer to why they charge that amount (I can get it refilled safely) and not fill the land fill with green bottles. That,s my answer.

I have been using a 5lber for a couple years now. Was a little pricey up front but works great with my single tank top heater and is small and light for transporting in the sleigh.

I am now interested,who sells the tank top burner/heater at a good price?.They screw on the top of the tank I believe and you could put a small pot on top to cook?,if that's what I'm thinking.

I am now interested,who sells the tank top burner/heater at a good price?.They screw on the top of the tank I believe and you could put a small pot on top to cook?,if that's what I'm thinking.

I have a couple if you're interested

Coleman Lantern, Portable Stove, on Kijiji http://www.kijiji.ca/v-fishing-camping-outdoor/markham-york-region/coleman-lantern-portable-stove/1023789241

My heater is from princess auto when they were on sale. Ive never tried cooking on it but im sure you could. I just traded my portable shack and buddy heater this summer because i never used them. On the really cold days where i feel like i need a heater i just plunk the tank in the snow and blast the heat right at me. I found that just having the tank top heater made all the difference. Being on the tank its up higher and is just at the right level when sitting. It also works well for keeping ice off of your line when jigging and keeps my hand toasty when tying up a new lure.