Worst problem in fishing

creditmaster

shatter resistant eye protection, even when its not sunny is a must, the fly travel around 140mph at the end of your line,

and would also suggest a wide brimmed hat to protect the ears. in the spring i had a gust of wind pop up and wrapped my leader around my head, the fly stuck into my cheek below my sun glasses.

shatter resistant eye protection, even when its not sunny is a must, the fly travel around 140mph at the end of your line,

and would also suggest a wide brimmed hat to protect the ears. in the spring i had a gust of wind pop up and wrapped my leader around my head, the fly stuck into my cheek below my sun glasses.

I wear a brimmed hat to protect the back of my head and neck.

Eye wear as previously stated, is a must as well.

One time while fighting a large crazed coho, a weighted fly tore loose and struck me in the right lens of my poloroid glasses. Without the glasses Lord only knows what might have been.

Can't say to much, because not often do fly fishing.

So far I knew, that is depend on the way you do the casting, special with heavier fly lures like for Musky.

And also you got to know your rods capacity , your fly reel and your line. We can't used fishing for Bass and fishing for Musky on the same rod.

Maybe that the cost problem you get hook your self. Beside using proper safety equipment like sunglasses, hat and wader.

Can't say to much, because not often do fly fishing.

So far I knew, that is depend on the way you do the casting, special with heavier fly lures like for Musky.

And also you got to know your rods capacity , your fly reel and your line. We can't used fishing for Bass and fishing for Musky on the same rod.

Maybe that the cost problem you get hook your self. Beside using proper safety equipment like sunglasses, hat and wader.

actually you can, just need to change out the leader and tippet, a nice 8wt rod will do both species, an 8wt will toss a big top water popper for bass as well as the big streamers for musky. it'll also handle 30lb chinooks. its not a matter of gear, its a matter of caster ability/misfortune that one hooks themself on the forward cast.

You right, all is depend on your casting ability.

Usually if I go for Bass, I'm using 6wt rod, and musky I used 8wt rod.

Both rods is from Orvis.

For me the worth from fishing, fell to the water when standing on kayak when straight with Musky,

Edited by canliq

Worst? Gotta agree that a hook to the eye is probably the next worst thing after death.

But in the past (in no particular order):

- I've left rods & reels behind at the river only to realize the mistake 2hrs later when I finally got home

- I Hit the river only to realize that I left my wading jacket, lures and bait at home

- I Tumbled down a muddy hill into a giant patch of poison ivy a few times

- I got a hook in my hand while trying to unhook a pike. I was attached to the lure, which was attached to the fish, which was thrashing around and biting me at the same time.

- A couple years ago I tried strapping some remote camera equipment to a tree at 4am one cold morning. I fell from the branch and into the river. I got some sweet shots though.LOL

- My Islander float reel took a long tumble down the path to the Whirlpool...One of the sliding rings came loose on the rod handle. That was before the stairs were put in.