tb4me

Im going to state MI here.

Im sick of Phoenough.

He is no leader,and I am finding him very lazy.

it blew me away when after his brutal shift,he went to the bench and handed off his gloves for another pair like he was a king.

Brutal give away,s and pass,s and his defence sucks.

Bench him if I was the coach. But then again, we all know what happens. They lose then they blame the coach for benching him. LOL I say go ahead,but then again,would he really care? He,s being paid outragous amount of dollars to sit and not look bad or get hurt.

I say take the lose in dollars and trade him.

BRUTAL

NOW

Edited by Brian B

phanuef is a tricky one

personally I do not like him on the leafs.

but outside of last night hes playing WAY better then years prior.

also, who is avaliable for dmen?

Don`t matter who is available what system it is that the Leafs play will surely destroy anybody that is brought in....if you doubt what I say just check back over the last few years and see who was brought in thinking that they were pretty good and then were run out of town!!!

phanuef is a tricky one

personally I do not like him on the leafs.

but outside of last night hes playing WAY better then years prior.

also, who is avaliable for dmen?

Finally someone with a bit of reason.. He's played WAY better this year, both him and Franson... He has a crappy game and guys are calling for him to get traded? Talk about bandwagon jumpers. What people fail to understand is who do you think you're going to get for Dion who's going to play those minutes against the top lines of the league? I'm all ears!!!!!!!!

Finally someone with a bit of reason.. He's played WAY better this year, both him and Franson... He has a crappy game and guys are calling for him to get traded? Talk about bandwagon jumpers. What people fail to understand is who do you think you're going to get for Dion who's going to play those minutes against the top lines of the league? I'm all ears!!!!!!!!

Those minutes he plays are useless,Nonis should of been fired for that extension.It's never changed Bill,winning nights the rest of the team picks it up and you just don't notice Dion with the two pump shuffle lol.No band wagon jumper here,just don't get the logic of resigning him for that amount,even when know one else wanted him??.I'm glad you like him,many just can't see why?.

Those minutes he plays are useless,Nonis should of been fired for that extension.It's never changed Bill,winning nights the rest of the team picks it up and you just don't notice Dion with the two pump shuffle lol.No band wagon jumper here,just don't get the logic of resigning him for that amount,even when know one else wanted him??.I'm glad you like him,many just can't see why?.

Those minutes he plays against tops lines are useless? Especially when those games end up with check in the win column? Sure sound useless to me! You gotta stop crying over split milk man, how long ago was that contract signed? It's not going to change anytime soon. I'm happy that he's playing better, as is most of the D core, if I was going to complain about something it would be the lack lustre PP this season.

Those minutes he plays against tops lines are useless? Especially when those games end up with check in the win column? Sure sound useless to me! You gotta stop crying over split milk man, how long ago was that contract signed? It's not going to change anytime soon. I'm happy that he's playing better, as is most of the D core, if I was going to complain about something it would be the lack lustre PP this season.

No crying Bill.that's your opinion,sometimes I think you are watching a different game lol.Defense is brutal,I include him in that.It just keeps coming back like a bad nightmare,why they re-signed him .That's all Bill. Take it easy bud,didn't mean to get you rattled.PP sucks too.

I'm with Davey, that pylon is useless, the commentators are looking for something positive to say about him and all they can come up with is that he is a plus 11. The only reason for this is because the Leafs are the highest scoring team and he just happens to be on the ice. Not because of his goal scoring prowess or play making abilities. He should never have been named captain and should never have got a contract like that. Bite the bullet, sit him on the bench and let some kids play.

I've been a fan of Phaneuf (I'm probably the only one) since he got traded from Calgary but yeeesh last night was a dog of a game.

Saw a lot of guys get around him and he wasn't able to get back fast enough to cover for the odd man rushes. That being said, he is having a much better year. He had a bad game. That's all it is.

Oh, as an aside, my dad and I are ready to kill the commentators and the colour guys. In between the 2nd and the 3rd period last thing Millard says 'as it stands now, Reimer is the winning goalie'. WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT?

A few minutes into the third Romanak says 'the leafs have never lost when leading in the third' a few seconds later Florida makes it 4-3.

Are these guys trying to give the leafs bad karma?

Edited by jeremy84

No crying Bill.that's your opinion,sometimes I think you are watching a different game lol.Defense is brutal,I include him in that.It just keeps coming back like a bad nightmare,why they re-signed him .That's all Bill. Take it easy bud,didn't mean to get you rattled.PP sucks too.

I'm not rattled, if anyone isn't watching the games it's you man, no offense. You can't sit here and tell me Dion hasn't had one of his best seasons so far. It just baffles me that you can ignore all his good play then come on here and call for him to be traded when he has a bad game. I don't understand it. Also, there's nothing wrong with a little heated hockey talk bud, we gotta do something until Simcoe freezes over!!! LOL!!!!

Everyone forgets too, you need two teams to make a trade. Everyone says 'we gotta trade Dion'. Ok. If Edmonton offers you a 2nd round pick for him are you going to take it? I wouldn't. That's probably the type of offers they receive all the time. Or a 3rd rounder for Reimer. Hardly value.

IMO,I'd pretty much take anyone now.He's only getting older.

If the captain is the leader on the team and I was GM or coach or player he is the last person I would want to see with the C on his shirt. How many good games does this guy have in an 82 game season, maybe 3

Geez, the guy is a +8 and you say he only has 3 good games a year ? Those numbers just don't add up.

Geez, the guy is a +8 and you say he only has 3 good games a year ? Those numbers just don't add up.

Don't feed the troll. I'll agree that I'd like to see the 'C' on someone else, but that someone else isn't on the team... To be honest, I'd much rather see it in Komarov, at least he's out there giving it 110% every single game.

The Leafs are definitely lacking a leader.

Edited by BillM

If I could get a tenth rounder for him it would be a done deal faster than someone skating around the pylon, that money could be used for a good player

Can pylons score goals? If so, where can I pick some up? I could use a few for my rec league, lol!

Don't feed the troll. I'll agree that I'd like to see the 'C' on someone else, but that someone else isn't on the team... To be honest, I'd much rather see it in Komarov, at least he's out there giving it 110% every single game.

The Leafs are definitely lacking a leader.

There is a lot of stuff I could say about Phaneuf. I agree, the C doesn't wear well on him. I think Komorov would make a great C, or Lupal. Those guys give it their all every game and lead by example.

I also think Phaneuf is getting paid too much in a salary cap era, but what can you do? As much as I didn't like when Brian Burke was GM of the leafs, he had a great line that I always think of when people say 'Trade _______' . If we traded him, we'd be out the next day looking for someone to replace him with.