tb4me

Horton signed a 5MIL 7 Year deal? I hope he gets better obviously but what are the cap implications if he doesn't

well, he's on long term right now, so no cap hit currently.

if he comes back, than it essentially is a switch - crapson for horton (i mean, how can horton be any worse).

but as long as he's on the long term, his contract isn't on our cap.

That is right there is no Cap hit however, the leafs still have to pay his salary

He was the 4th highest paid player on the team....somebody thought he was important. Not that it makes any sense.

lol dude you crack me up..Core player, Important..So is the toilet when you get the trots.. Clarkson was a huge mistake and thank god he is gone....

Edited by tb4me

lol dude you crack me up..Core player, Important..So is the toilet when you get the trots.. Clarkson was a huge mistake and thank god he is gone....

I guess the sarcasm was lost in my comment.....they are far better off with Horton. Nonis did refer to him a core player some time ago though, I sh!t you not.

Edited by G.mech

I met a fairy today that granted me one wish.

"I want to live forever," I said.

"Sorry" said the fairy, "I'm not allowed to grant wishes like that!"

"Fine" I said, "I want to die after the Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup!"

"You crafty bugger," said the fairy.

I seem to recall when Clarkson was signed the TO media was mostly positive and I think there were a few here that were pretty excited as well....see above uber fan^^^^^^^that started this thread....

I'm won't lie i was excited when they signed him, but i also think the Nonis should be given gm of the year after trading him and not eating ANY of his contract

Woulda been nice if they got a draft pick in the deal too seeing as they really didn't get any "player" back in the deal, regardless we won this one and Leafsnation can collectively breathe a deep sigh of relief

I thought the same..Then I realized I was just happy he is gone..lol I too was very excited to have him..I have no clue what happened to him at all. Watch him go back to being a stud with his new team...lol

I thought the same..Then I realized I was just happy he is gone..lol I too was very excited to have him..I have no clue what happened to him at all. Watch him go back to being a stud with his new team...lol

honestly, the style columbus plays, i wouldn't be surprised if he fits right in and finds his stride..