Shown up by the little man again

spincast

Finally found a couple kings - G managed to show me up by landing his - my first about 15 minutes later gave me a choice - spool or horse - so I ponied up, he bucked a few times and spat the hook. Heartbreak The next hit just as I was changing up; by the time I reached for the rod, gone; then another as I was readying to drain a coffee - hit so hard broke off the 40lb test - then proceeded to porpoise behind us twice as if to say, nyeah, nyeah, nyeah.

G's was too tired to revive so smoker city she is,

GOPR0198_zpsb7753644.jpg

37 inches and 23 lbs - exact match for his PB from 2012.

GOPR0194_zpscf3d3846.jpg

Bite slowed down and the boat traffic picked up so we headed West to one of my spots and hit 6 lakers in 20 minutes. Then the sun came out and things slowed down. By then we'd had 6 hours on the water and called her a day

GOPR0189_zps0e17646c.jpg

GOPR0188_zpsd3dfa731.jpg

These guys were crazy energetic today

GOPR0192_zps7fb8c37c.jpg

Gotta love holiday Mondays with overcast skies and west winds :D

Gotta love holiday Mondays with overcast skies and west winds

LOL

We headed out to SES and clear . Ya,,the weather man need to really work on his weather vain predictions. Sunny all day. NOT. Rain by 10 am.

Great job guys.

Edited by Brian B

Looks like you got the pike slime washed out of the boat.

6 lakers in 20 minutes? :wallbash:

yep - we actually would have had seven - but one of the double headers shook off as we traded Rods..... some day soon maybe that 4 hour drive will tempt you?

G always seems to find the brutes !!!

You got that right Lew - and a great touch with the rod - been a while since he'd seen a screamer like that one but handled her like a pro

Nice fish, must be a workout for a younger lad to reel in such a big fish

It takes everything he's got when its net time that's for sure. He came up with some choice ones a few years ago when he got one of these on. I'll never forget his comment after his first 15lb+ laker - this thing bull-dogged him for a long time. He lands it, pumps his fists, takes a deep breath then looks at me and says " Dad, I learned a valuable lesson with that fish ........ Don't put your rod between your legs when fighting a big one...... it hurts your balls". :rofl2: